Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deer Problem ?

plant marigolds all around your garden, thats what my mom used to do, it seemed to work for us

A friend of mine uses the yellow electric tape they use to fence in horses, he puts it about 4 ft high an it flutters in the wind making them very leary . He says them go around it an keep going , I'd go for two lines with juice to it if they should get brave enough to try it then zap.

My neighbor uses wind socks and air fresheners (Glade, Renuzit). If the movement of the socks doesn't scare them, the scent does, or seems to. He makes little wire mesh cages to keep the fresheners from blowing over in the wind and tacks them to the tops of fence posts. I reckon it's the same idea as the soap.
    "You cannot save the planet. You may be able to save yourself and your family." Clint Smith

I give them something else to eat. I always plant a boarder of clover around my gardens. The deer hammer it & leave my garden alone for the most part.

A deer won't jump a fence if they can't see what is on the other side. If you put screening (tarps/shade cloth etc)to block their view or something like a privacy fence just tall enough so they can't see through or over they won't enter. Also, the urine works but has to be reapplied especially if it rains. Just so you know you can collect it in a jar or something instead of the midnight trips to the garden