Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Cattle Sighting

Default Strange Cattle Sighting

OK guys and gals, I have been around cattle all my life, but am Texas standard. Was driving through yesterday and saw a herd out on a Coastal field. Every one of them was black on both ends with a white stripe around the middle. Like a Hamp pig, but cattle. What the hell? Never seen them before. Kinda Twilight Zone looking to me.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Default Dutch Belted (Lakenvelder)

Looks like you spotted Dutch Belted cattle: http://www.dutchbelted.com/

Thought you'd enjoy viewing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMxlpRYC-Yc
    Last edited by CWandM; 05-08-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Yep, that was pretty much my reaction.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I've seen very few herds in Texas. Looks like an Oreo Cookie Cow.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry

Any Man Who thinks He Can Be Prosperous By Letting The Government Take Care Of Him, Better Take A Closer Look At The American Indian

We have a cattle forum now too?

Wife saw one on TV this morning and asked me what it was. Um-um. Well now I can answer. Thanks.
    ‘God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

Chip what you doing in snook? Visiting the boys?
    ‘God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

No, nephew graduated from Schreiner in Kerrville yesterday. The herd was between Fredricksburg and Stonewall on the way home. Lots of city ranchers over there with exotics, ratites until the bottom fell out, camels, you name it.

Just looked like a lot of work to paint your Angus all the same. IMO. What do I know?

Those were Texan Zebras. There's only one stripe because, hey, why make 'em complicated? They're that big because....well, it IS Texas.
    Esse Quam Videri , Semper Paratus , My Karma ran over your Dogma.

My neighbor has a couple of them, since I didn't know the name I just called them damn ugly. Now I know better.