Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather prediction after SHTF

Default Weather prediction after SHTF

Here in Iowa, the weather can change on a dime, sometimes with severe implications.

I have seen it be in the 40's in the morning, and a blizzard and 10 degrees a few hours later.

Anyone have any good weather prediction refrences, or tips?

Quote Originally Posted by craigj View Post
    Here in Iowa, the weather can change on a dime, sometimes with severe implications.

I have seen it be in the 40's in the morning, and a blizzard and 10 degrees a few hours later.

Anyone have any good weather prediction refrences, or tips?
    On the 2nd Tuesday after the SHTF, the weather is going to be light clouds, with prevailing winds going ENE at 5-7 mph. You can expect light rain in the evening, with a high of 54 and a low of 41. Indeed, it will be a full moon that night, so keep your eyes open for movement at night.

I've got to try and keep it light when I can.
    Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.

LOL @RazorEdge. Best bet is to get a barometer and learn how to read it. If we any knew exactly what S%!^ was hitting the fan we would still have trouble predicting the weather.
    Last edited by Lupine; 05-05-2011 at 08:46 AM.

I'm sure you can do a little research about local weather prediction methods. I have a PDF of my computer regarding the area I live (cant remeber where I found it) but it tells me about how to barometer, and wind readings along with a few other conditions that anyone with about $40 worth of stuff can get. Then you basicly look at the chart and match the data you have with the weather prediction. It reads just like what you local weatherman tells you with all his fancy gadgets.

Best bet is to find the University in your state is is the top Agricultural school in the state and call the Ag department. Tell them you are working on a project involving weather prediction using old fashioned methods and they should be able to help you from there.
    The Normalcy Bias, do you suffer from it to?

So basically fire or ice. I think it will rollercoaster hot and cold. Best to prepare for all weather scenerios.
    Don't steal, the Government hates competition.

Cloudy with a slight chance of frogs.

Typical Texas weather, hot and dry with occasional flash flooding.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

We have several comments regarding our weather in Metro Vancouver from the locals.

What comes after two days of rain in Vancouver?............Monday

You can just look at the Coastal Mountains to predict the weather. If you can't see the mountains, it's raining, If you can see it, it's going to rain.

In Vancouver, you don't tan, you rust.

We call our rain, liquid sunshine.

So after when post SHTF, we'll get more rain here.

I believe I read in a link posted by Preppy, That post Apocalypse... the ONLY people left will be the meteorologists... so I don't think its a big worry.