Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Levees Ready to Burst as Rain Pounds Central US

Default Levees Ready to Burst as Rain Pounds Central US

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=13457068

This is an excerpt form an ABC story sent to my phone. I found it amusing the deep level of concern and preparedness...

"I'm not worried. This is my favorite time of the year," 20-year-old Brandon Andrews said, pledging to ride out the flood in his trailer home, even as water lapped against its sides. He didn't have a boat and the water was already too high to drive through, but Andrews said he had been to the store and stocked up on hot dogs, chili and necessities.

Wolf

Hmm, I wonder if he's tried mounting an outboard to his trailer...
    Esse Quam Videri , Semper Paratus , My Karma ran over your Dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
    hot dogs, chili and necessities.
    I hope necessities include toilet paper. Both for the chili and to clean up when he s***s himself as the trailer washes away.

Anyone have any idea why I'm feeling angry about my tax dollars being spent to go rescue him in a little while?

I just seen on TV the affected areas are getting devastating amounts of rain. But, if you pay attention to the states that is mentioned in failing levee's and river flooding, is also the states in the New Madrid Fault line.

Quote Originally Posted by girlprepper View Post
    i just seen on tv the affected areas are getting devastating amounts of rain. But, if you pay attention to the states that is mentioned in failing levee's and river flooding, is also the states in the new madrid fault line.
    That's because HAARP is causing the new madrid fault line to sweat, thus creating flooding! I'm a former governer, I'd know!

I'm not a former Governor, but I played one on TV...LOL

And I played a Senator in a school play once.

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
    I'm not a former Governor, but I played one on TV...LOL

And I played a Senator in a school play once.

Wolf
    Folks sent me PMs asking me who I was. Sorry folks, I was just joking and doing an impression of Jesse Ventura. I've never even worked for the gubbermints. ^.^

I know of a lot of people locally being flooded out of their homes, massive sandbagging going on... scary stuff.

I heard a blurb today about the Gubbermint getting ready to blow a leeve in Mo. to relieve flooding in Ill.
    I've got a friend on another forum that lives in southern Ill. and told me they've been gettin hit every couple days by major thunderstorms and heavy rain. Farmers in the area can't get their crops planted. This is just bad news all the way around.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

You are missing the really scary stuff...the spring planting won't happen....where does that leave us?