Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oral Rehydration Solution

I tried some of this over the weekend, I was outside in the FL sun doing yard work and I think started to get a little dehydrated, I was drinking water, maybe just not enough, I came inside and made up the salt-sugar concoction , figured it would taste like hell, but it was surprisingly good, you can taste a hint of both the sugar and the salt, I would recommend anything to take that edge off , with a little flavor
    Last edited by AreaWarLord; 09-24-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) Water laced with salt and sugar, and gallons of the nasty-tasting stuff.

Doctors who survived Ebola in Nigeria credited heavy doses of fluids with saving their lives as the World Health Organization declared the country Ebola-free Monday, a rare victory in the battle against the disease that is ravaging West Africa.

In the end, Nigeria the most populous country in Africa, with 160 million people had just 20 cases, including eight deaths, a lower death rate than the 70 percent seen elsewhere across the stricken region.

Officials are crediting strong tracking and isolation of people exposed to the virus, and aggressive rehydration of infected patients to counter the effects of vomiting, diarrhea and other symptoms.

Nigeria's containment of Ebola is a "spectacular success story," said Rui Gama Vaz, WHO director for Nigeria.

Survivor Dr. Adaora Igonoh said the treatment is not easy. It entails drinking, as she did, at least five liters (1.3 gallons) of the solution every day for five or six days when you have mouth sores and a sore throat and feel depressed.
    and

Dr. Simon Mardel, one of the world's leading experts on viral hemorrhagic fevers, said the number of deaths could be cut in half if infected people were taught to properly hydrate themselves and do not take anti-inflammatory drugs, which can actually harm Ebola victims.
    Taken from here.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.