Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Something wicked this way comes/SHTF in the very near future ???

Quote Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
    This is pretty much my feelings too. If they take over the first place his is Israel and then Saudi Arabia. Unless China and/or Russia do something to help, instead of sitting on the sidelines watching, the spiral is close at hand.
    Hmmm, interesting observation. Russia, China, sitting on the sidelines. Maybe add Iran, as the babe at the dance.

I'm a little new to this, only been prepping for about a year...but how will this really affect us? Does our oil even come through the Suez? It would seem to me that the Suez is the dividing line for going East or West with our oil. Going through the Suez takes time and money. I would think any oil we get from the Middle East would be delivered to CA and any on the other side would go to the East Coast already. This situation would make us prime customers because any oil on the East side of the Suez would have an easier market in China, India, and the U.S. then it would Europe. This would shrink the Middle East's market so this might actually drive the price of oil down for us. I'm not saying for sure this would be the case, but we have to see where the chips fall first, this might still be a situation that the U.S. can exploit to our benefit.

Where the problem is is that the European market might spiral down because of the scenario laid out ($140/barrel) since their oil will have to go around Africa, and we've seen how a depression in Europe works before (WW2). But more importantly, Israel might have a problem with a theocratic Egypt which would undoubtably seek a war, nuclear program, or both. They immediately would start sending weapons to Hamas in the Gaza Strip which boarders Egypt which might piss off Israel, and who knows what they will do.

Anyways, I am going to continue prepping, but I think we have plenty of room for a positive outcome so I'm not going to worry too much yet. Being on this board can amplify one's fear of the future. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective.

There is a great alignment of evil right now. It starts in the neighborhood and goes around the world. I think we are on the verge of the Tribulation Period. Goodness is getting more scarce, evil more prevalent. The Church has all but disappeared.

Is this depressing, not really. We have to fullfil our destiny and play our assigned roles. We are all going to die, it is just a matter of when. Like Crazy Horse said, "today is a good day to die."

Jesus is the final answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear-Head View Post
    Hmmm, interesting observation. Russia, China, sitting on the sidelines. Maybe add Iran, as the babe at the dance.
    I guess they could want this to happen too but, the way I see it, it will have a negative impact on them too. IF Egypt falls to a radical group then the dominoes of **** will start to tumble one at a time and the Middle East will be one big happy hard-line militant Islamic state.
    spero optimus , instruo pro pessimus

Don't forget to add in the current Somali pirates off the African coast to push prices up a bit as well if the Canal is closed up.

SHTF is all about perspective. For instance, I bet the people in Queensland (Australia) would say the SHTF for them with the most recent typhoon hit. I believe SHTF type ordeals happen almost daily in the world. Probably weekly within the United States alone considering all the potential natural disasters and weather. All in all I will not speed up my prep as I do not believe a complete economic or social collapse will happen within my lifetime. At the same time, I would feel like a fool if I did not have the means to take care of myself if things got bad. That said, I consider prepping a hobby and a needed update to my camping gear which was basically crap scout quality nonsense before I started prepping. I also keep more food than I used to at the house but I have not yet started buying bulk food. If I start buying food in bulk, trust me, bug out. That shall be your indicator
    Last edited by captainhippy; 02-03-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainhippy View Post
    SHTF is all about perspective. For instance, I bet the people in Queensland (Australia) would say the SHTF for them with the most recent typhoon hit. I believe SHTF type ordeals happen almost daily in the world. Probably weekly within the United States alone considering all the potential natural disasters and weather. All in all I will not speed up my prep as I do not believe a complete economic or social collapse will happen within my lifetime. At the same time, I would feel like a fool if I did not have the means to take care of myself if things got bad. That said, I consider prepping a hobby and a needed update to my camping gear which was basically crap scout quality nonsense before I started prepping. I also keep more food than I used to at the house but I have not yet started buying bulk food. If I start buying food in bulk, trust me, bug out. That shall be your indicator
    I really really wish I had your optimism. I wouldn't be near as stressed. I sincerely hope I'm stressed for no reason and you are correct.
    spero optimus , instruo pro pessimus

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    If you use your reading of the tea leaves to prompt you to keep prepping or maybe turn up the speed dial, great.

but wringing your hands in worry is counter productive, especially for things out of your control.

keep your eye on the ball & just keep on keeping on with those preps.
    Your absolutly right Explo. Keep on adding to your preps, making plans, whatever is currently at the top of your particular list. One of the most important things not to forget is working on your skills. That will be one of your largest assets when the time comes. With the poor weather around the country, go outside and practice building a fire with your choice of firestarter. That's always a good skill to have. Take a walk, even if it's around your neighborhood. Yeah it's cold, but are the cold wearther gear you have good enough? Make sure when it's not critical, so your sure when it is.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I agree that today's world and what we all see plain as day, is a very stressful situation. The more you read and see pieces falling together, the more it is obvious that things are not getting better and more stable, they are going the other way. When we reach the tipping point is a matter of where you are.

as someone pointed out, it has hit the fan in Queensland down under and certainly in Cairo. When it arrives at your doorstep will be hard to predict, but you can see the sign.

having said all that, for me the antidote to the stress induced by all these developments around the globe is prepping. The more you are prepared the less these things stress you out.

keep you eye on the ball, prioritize what is next for you, and get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
    There is a great alignment of evil right now. It starts in the neighborhood and goes around the world. I think we are on the verge of the Tribulation Period.
    This ^