Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 116

Thread: "Us vs. Them" attitudes

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakadnu View Post
    . Very rarely do you ever hear about someone working with members in their community to assure the survival and well being of all. .
    I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Quite frequently on these type of sites I will get well meaning PMs or Mail....OOO I can find out who you are online in 2 seconds: OOOO be scared....OPSEC!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I just got one such email about 5 minutes ago.

    My answer, is always the same. Look, we are first a military family. We know what OPSEC is and what it isn't. You will never see me posting on here what I am stockpiling, or taking pics of any of our guns/ammo (that whole thread made me laugh my ass off). I'm a woman, so you'll generally see me talking about food: how to grow it, raise it, kill it or cook it. After that, you'll see me talking about kids, cleaning, all those other things us backwoods farmin' gals do. I'm boring like that. But we don't make any attempts to hide who we are or where we are. 1) We own and operate a farm and goatherd and teach reskilling classes and attend local farmer's markets. People know we are here. So does the Government, second line on the Business application: address. 2) In a REAL SHTF scenario...not your power is out a week or two...but real collapse: rebuilding community is going to be not only imperative for your long term survival, but the ethical thing to do. To this end we belong to a handful of local transition groups, the Grange and a barter faire. Because of that community I wager our long term survival is 10 fold that of someone bugging out with their little bag, or holing themselves up with a year, or even two's supply of canned over processed food: scurvy anyone?

    Finally, being technogizmos by trade...I can find out who most of you are by ip address....so NEENER NEENER.

    I am interested in the Big Events that are coming, that undoubtedly will change civilization as we know it, and how we rebuild community from there. If that makes any sense to you, email me...but for God's sake...Don't oogey boogey email me. I'ma be just fine, trust me.

    Best,
    Sabrina

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast and Nomadically
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post

    Finally, being technogizmos by trade...I can find out who most of you are by ip address....so NEENER NEENER.

    Best,
    Sabrina
    Good luck with that, I've been in (Let me count) 7 states in the last 2 weeks!


    LOL!

    Have fun with those IP's!

    ;-)

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I said MOST!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorthCentral WA. (Highlands)
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Quite frequently on these type of sites I will get well meaning PMs or Mail....OOO I can find out who you are online in 2 seconds: OOOO be scared....OPSEC!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I just got one such email about 5 minutes ago.

    My answer, is always the same. Look, we are first a military family. We know what OPSEC is and what it isn't. You will never see me posting on here what I am stockpiling, or taking pics of any of our guns/ammo (that whole thread made me laugh my ass off). I'm a woman, so you'll generally see me talking about food: how to grow it, raise it, kill it or cook it. After that, you'll see me talking about kids, cleaning, all those other things us backwoods farmin' gals do. I'm boring like that. But we don't make any attempts to hide who we are or where we are. 1) We own and operate a farm and goatherd and teach reskilling classes and attend local farmer's markets. People know we are here. So does the Government, second line on the Business application: address. 2) In a REAL SHTF scenario...not your power is out a week or two...but real collapse: rebuilding community is going to be not only imperative for your long term survival, but the ethical thing to do. To this end we belong to a handful of local transition groups, the Grange and a barter faire. Because of that community I wager our long term survival is 10 fold that of someone bugging out with their little bag, or holing themselves up with a year, or even two's supply of canned over processed food: scurvy anyone?

    Finally, being technogizmos by trade...I can find out who most of you are by ip address....so NEENER NEENER.

    I am interested in the Big Events that are coming, that undoubtedly will change civilization as we know it, and how we rebuild community from there. If that makes any sense to you, email me...but for God's sake...Don't oogey boogey email me. I'ma be just fine, trust me.

    Best,
    Sabrina
    I agree with all that except the opsec part with gun pics or food. I mean really, how will it make a difference to anyone that I have two camo'd AR's? Or, hey guys check out my new little .22 (opsec violation!!) I don't see the big deal, I'm not a spy trying to be all sneaky, just a family trying to get ready for whatever may come. For what it's worth I also have a large stockpile of rosarita refried beans and do not enjoy walks on the beach.
    2nd Law: In a closed system, the entropy of the system will either remain constant or increase

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast and Nomadically
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icentropy View Post
    I agree with all that except the opsec part with gun pics or food. I mean really, how will it make a difference to anyone that I have two camo'd AR's? Or, hey guys check out my new little .22 (opsec violation!!) I don't see the big deal, I'm not a spy trying to be all sneaky, just a family trying to get ready for whatever may come. For what it's worth I also have a large stockpile of rosarita refried beans and do not enjoy walks on the beach.
    You too?

    Hardshell taco inside a softshell COVERED with refried beans, and more meat and cheese...

    Goooooood!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •