Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OPSEC Totally Blown

Default OPSEC Totally Blown

We had our neighbors across the street over for dinner last night and my husband laughingly told them about my SHTF food stocks I've been storing in the basement. I could have killed him! The man neighbor gave me a look that made my skin crawl. See, this is what we have to deal with when our spouses, significant others, family members or friends think we're crazy and like to laugh at us and tell about our ridiculous behavior to others. It's blown, there's nothing I can do about it now. I just have to somehow let go of it and give it to God, but right now I can't. All I can think about is seeing all 4 of them and possibly some of their relatives on my front porch when SHTF.

My husband apologized to me this morning but the damage has been done. I just needed to vent about it. Thanks.

Opps Loose lips sink ships&preps.
    Last edited by wbradss; 09-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Well, at least he didn't use your water supply to water the flowers around the house.

Interesting video but his mother is already dead. ;o)

Yup, my wife is kind of the same way. Loves to talk about my new toys....

Luckily none of her comments have been as obvious as your husbands. It's prudent to get these conversations with your better half out of the way as early as possible. My wife started out as a non-believer that prepping was 'for the best', but slowly but surely with all the political issues going on, reading 'EMERGENGY', etc, etc, she is starting to see the light.

Joe-NY

Oh, that's awful! Hopefully he completely forgets what he heard or didn't really understand what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by straight edge View Post
    Quick question for you Mollydog

For what reason/s does your husband believe you are storing those SHTF food stocks?

In other words; what is/are the reason/s you have given your husband for having SHTF food stocks in your basement??

A) For a tornado

B) For an earth quake

C) For an EMP

D) For a nuke attack

E) For an economic collapse

F) If other please specify
    I hope this isn't a trick question but here goes (not necessarily in order):

natural disaster (flood, earthquake, tornado)
    economic collapse
    EMP
    Solar Flare
    Cyber Attack of Grid
    Pandemic
    Nuke Attack
    Nuclear Power Plant Accident
    Peak Oil Crisis

The last topic I was trying to discuss with him was economic collapse and that's the excuse he gave to our neighbors. He firmly believes it is impossible for our society to have an economic collapse and I can't see it not happening. Even after several people whom he highly respects told him they were also very worried about an economic collapse he still thinks it's hooey and I'm crazy. Why do you ask?

Yep been their and had it done to me, by my SO more times than I care to remember.

First off, I have to say i'm sorry to hear about that. I'd be pretty pissed myself. Secondly if he's truly sorry maybe now is the time to (assuming you haven't already) invest in some ways of protecting your food stocks? Food and water stockpiled is great if you have a way of keeping the starving masses away from it. I believe that if it ever REALLY REALLY got bad, people will be breaking into all the houses to find a can of food. Doesn't matter if they know you have something or not.
    2nd Law: In a closed system, the entropy of the system will either remain constant or increase

" He firmly believes it is impossible for our society to have an economic collapse and I can't see it not happening. Even after several people whom he highly respects told him they were also very worried about an economic collapse he still thinks it's hooey and I'm crazy. "

Mollydog, I have this same problem with my man. He is convinced that if we have a disaster of any kind the gov't will show up to rescue us. I can't convince him they won't & he can't convince me to stop prepping for that "rainy day". I always site our 2 little boys as the main reason I prep. He seems to accept my mama bear instinct as valid & usually allows me to buy tha extra sack of canned goods or wahtever.