Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Project

Default My Cabin Project

I figured I would post some pictures of my cabin I am building in Tennessee. I will post more as the project progresses.
    The road leading up to my land

Land before we started

Part of driveway

Starting the foundation

A little further along

My bug out rig

We now have the tin roof and and windows are in. I will post more pictures when I get them.

CTS,
    Awesome looking place you have. I'm sure the cabin will end up nice as well. Keep the pics coming when you can.
    Bacpacker
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Here is a picture of the wood cook stove I scored for $160 for a back up heat/cooking source. Now my wife likes it so much she wants to keep it as a decoration in our main house!

Very cool, I am jealous. Definitely looking forward to more pictures. What are you doing for heat, water, sanitation etc?
    I guess you answered the heat part!
    Preparing so that I may live better today and post shtf.

It will have power, The poles are run already I just have to wire the place. I am going to use back up generators and solar power too. I am guessing I ma install a small HVAC system too. For water, I am going to drill a well with a solar pump back up system. Sanitation will be by septic system. I also have a spring on my land too. The stove is a back up heat source. I may also put in a fireplace too.

Here are some camera phone pics:

This is a church down the block

beautiful.

My dream location would have trees, hills and stars, i don't like flat Oklahoma.

The stars are amazing there!

Here are 2 more cabin pics of what we did this weekend and 1 inspirational picture.

I like the roof for the cabin. My wife wants to do ours in Red. I'm wanting green. Looks like your making good progress. What elevation are you at there?
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13