Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abscess Incision and Drainage

very helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casey762 View Post
    very helpful. Thanks
    your welcome
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security."

very thorough, great vid. thanks!
    "Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast"

Kenalog injections work to help reduce the size of those. One of the fringe benefits of working in dermatology at a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by mjollnir View Post
    That sucks, where do you get them at and how large do they normally get? At least you have experience in after care wound treatment. Do you include anything in your preps to treat this should you be forced to post SHTF? Doesn't sound very fun.
    They can be larger than a golf ball, but most times around the size of a pea or a bit larger, sometimes you'll get clusters of them together. Some of the most common places for men to get them is the scrotum, chest, or underarms for sabaceous cysts and the top of the butt crack for pilonidal Cyst. Also if you get them you'll probably always get them, best way to keep them from coming back is have a surgeon remove them and the sack wall inside them. I just read a case study yesterday about a man in India who had to have his entire scrotum wall removed then spent weeks in the hospital while the skin grafts took and healed up.

I got to be in on the draining of a few pilonidal cysts when I was in the military. Smells lovely...
    What this forum is all about:
    Share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."

Once did simple non-surgical drainage of ileal-rectal abscess on hubby's butt, to relieve discomfort until doc could do I&D and remove the abscess sac. At least as much fun as a pilonidal cyst! X-(

I had a staph infection on my leg that was nasty. My leg turned red and swell up big time. There is still a dark spot where it was and an indention. Doctors don't know why people are getting them so often now and its hard for them to keep up with the evolving strains that are resisting antibiotics. Scary stuff.

From personal experience if you have a wound like this that is deep, pay attention to what your doctor says and do not let it start to heal over. The wound can abscess (or re-abscess is that what it's start was). I wasn't properly cleaning my GF's wound (was trying to be too gentle) and woke up one day with her covered from the waste down in a pussy looking blood. Not a great way to wake up before your first cup of coffee.

I'm not sure if i should thank you or slap you.
    Faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead - james 2:17