Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Fool Facial Recognition

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    yes, adding or removing facial hair will have some effect, but if your template was built with a beard and you show up in an image with a beard it will have little effect. However if you have different facial hair than your template that can have some effect, but most facial recognition works on the eyes and nose mostly.

another good defense would be the kind of glasses that change shade indoors and out.

the IR baseball cap would be the best IMHO.

BTW, IR emitters play havoc with the red light cameras also.
    yea should;ve been more i ment changes in facial hair will mess with it

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    I think, that the best defense would be a this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-Pv_akVFM
    ive worked with laser diode arrays with several hundred watts of output power. (think a ir baseball cap with so much power you have to run a garden hose to it for cooling purposes). with a good quality ccd camera i can see detail thats just a few inches away from such a high power source. i would wonder if they simply used a low quality camera fort he clips at the end of the video. that cameras i have used WOULD surely make out facial details in that sort of environment.

bob,
    u r correct the best cameras with wide dynamic range would be less susceptible to IR jamming and cameras installed in sensitive areas specifically for face recognition might have those, but the run of the mill surveillance cameras often will not.

also probably of interest to those reading this thread is what google is doing, (keep those pics of you off facebook or anywhere else on the net):
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ntroversy.html

WOW. this is stupid. they will just pick you up anyways if they cant recognize you. or they will just put any stupid little patern you come up with on the software. and then they will just pick up anyone with that on there face and see what the deal is. but hey whatever floats your avoiding boat.

Interesting, but this is going to be a lot easier for women.

I thought the article was rather interesting. The makeup reminded me of basic training

"Put the light green on the low areas of the face and the dark green on the high spots"

When done right, it give eliminate the lines on the face, making it appear "flat" So I guess that that this is possible...
    "Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way"

Gee, I wonder how many of our ISPs are being recorded as we look at the links......

Basic stage craft FX would be easiest to do. Get two bottle nipples (baby bottle) and cut them off below the bulb, and at the tip. You end up with a rounded 'tube' that holds its shape. Insert into your nostrils. This doesn't affect breathing but changes the shape of your nose. Spirit gum can be applied by brush. Let it tack up, then squeeze the skin on either side of it together - instant wrinkles. Doing this near the corners of the mouth, and eyes would allow you to change their shape. "Scar Wax" is commonly available and can be used to add scars, wrinkles, or features.

If you're really concerned about it, go ahead and get some plaster, some clay, and some latex mask material. Learn to do special effects a la Mission Impossible.
    Esse Quam Videri , Semper Paratus , My Karma ran over your Dogma.

or just stay out of airports, what's your rush? drive, or take a ship or train. If you aint got the money to do the "partial rent' thing of a plane, you'd better find another way to get there.