Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Check-In!

Default Latest FNG

Hi all. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to register. I'm not a post whore so my post count will never be too high. I will however read almost everything.

Hope I can contribute from time to time.

Default I guess its my turn

I figured I should sign up as I have been lurking for quite some time. This site has impressed me and is now one of my daily visits. I live in Washington state near the coast.
    I am still relativly new to prepping but as I read I am far more ready than some. I could easily make it without power or grocery stores for at least a year. I hunt, shoot & reload and have a general disdain for the liberal agenda.
    Looking forward to contributing & continuing to learn.

Name's Jerry D Young. Been into preparedness since the Cuban Missle Crisis. Used my preps more than once to get by. I write a bit of PAW and prep fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
    Name's Jerry D Young. Been into preparedness since the Cuban Missle Crisis. Used my preps more than once to get by. I write a bit of PAW and prep fiction.
    Hi Jerry

I have read your stuff in the past on other sites. Welcome - looking foward to reading your thoughts here

Welcome to all our new members. Come on in, read, contribute.
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations, FFL 07/SOT
    Glock Advanced Armorer

Default Mommabear says hello

Wow. As a woman I am getting the feeling I hit the motherload when it comes to manly men here! Such a waste as I am already happily married!

Well, our SHTF preparations are meager to say the least. We live in an apartment so no excess water or fuel here. We do have almost enough food to last our family a year... provided we still had water and heat to cook it with. (Maybe 500 pounds of rice was over kill...)

Anyway, my husband has us prepared to defend that little pile of food with bullets if necessary. Several guns and maybe 3,000 rounds. I know we hit the biggies in that department... gloc, AK, rifle, shot gun? Something like that. They are in a safe that cost more than our wedding.

Anyway, we live in the Seattle area --"Eastsiders" officially, and I would like to meet some like-mind people who don't think we are nuts for filling our son's bedroom half full with food and our bedroom closet has more guns and amo than clothes.

Anybody out there???

-Mommabear

Welcome to the nuthouse Mommabear. It's good to see the ladies getting prepared as well.

Wow. As a woman I am getting the feeling I hit the motherload when it comes to manly men here! Such a waste as I am already happily married
    You already have a manly man see quote below:

Anyway, my husband has us prepared to defend that little pile of food with bullets if necessary. Several guns and maybe 3,000 rounds. I know we hit the biggies in that department... gloc, AK, rifle, shot gun? Something like that. They are in a safe that cost more than our wedding.
    Oh and yes manly men really like to snuggle

Welcome the the forum mommabear.

Quote Originally Posted by mommabear View Post
    Such a waste as I am already happily married!
    Careful, that may not hold much weight with some of our less morally sound members just kidding, welcome aboard hun Tell you what, if you get 100 female members on board here Ill give y'all your own little nook in the forums, password protected and all

Howdy everyone. Looks like a good site, so I thought I'd register. For now, the only things that matter are that I'm an engineer, and I'm planning for wshtf.