Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moringa Oleifer - Tree of Life - Water- Food - Oil

I only recently discovered moringa, and I'm disgusted at myself for not having learned about this years-- years!-- ago. This will solve most of a family's food issues; it's so nutritious that it will easily serve as a dietary staple. I'm laying in pounds of powder, thousands of capsules, and a couple extra capsule filling machines. Of course we eat moringa several times a day; put in on almost everyting we eat, take almost a dozen capsules daily between the wife and myself, and we feel and perform better than we have in YEARS.
    If you don't want to be told about the Miracle Moringa, don't get near me...

Anyone know the shelf life of the powder if kept sealed ?

Bam - I've had one pound packages of the dried leaf powder last a year or more. Most are packed in foil pouches with "zip-lock" type closures. Exposure to heat and moisture is the culprit, but if you keep it dry and store correctly it can last for months and months. I only use a teaspoon or so a day, so a 1 lb. package lasts quite awhile. Miraculous stuff.

Grows like crazy, too. I took a dried up stump from a moringa tree that had been cut down near the ground, replanted it with plenty of compost, in in a few months it had regenerated and was over 20 feet tall ! Of course, that was in SW Florida - your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCitizenPatriot View Post
    Bam - I've had one pound packages of the dried leaf powder last a year or more. Most are packed in foil pouches with "zip-lock" type closures. Exposure to heat and moisture is the culprit, but if you keep it dry and store correctly it can last for months and months. I only use a teaspoon or so a day, so a 1 lb. package lasts quite awhile. Miraculous stuff.

Grows like crazy, too. I took a dried up stump from a moringa tree that had been cut down near the ground, replanted it with plenty of compost, in in a few months it had regenerated and was over 20 feet tall ! Of course, that was in SW Florida - your mileage may vary.

Thanks for that CP , I'm wondering if you vacuum seal it with o2 absorbers if it will last longer ?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Thanks for that CP , I'm wondering if you vacuum seal it with o2 absorbers if it will last longer ?
    It's possible, but might be overkill unless you want to stash for the long term. Most producers are using heavy foil resealable packaging to eliminate exposure to the elements. I haven't had any issues, and I've been using it for years.

Seems to be getting harder to find U.S. growers of Moringa. You may wish to check out Moringa Farms out of Kali - they seem to be one of the better suppliers.