Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SWAT team brings in a man for "evaluation" after firearms purchase.

There's a simple solution to this:

Charge everyone involved with armed robbery, as well as any other crimes which might fit a large group of armed personnel illegally entering someone's home, removing them by threat of force, and holding them against their will. I think if EVERY officer who responded were charged with armed robbery and kidnapping it would be a good start.

If the law applied equally to both sides of the blue line, I believe everyone would have a higher opinion of police officers. It would also make their decisions a LOT easier, and you wouldn't have these egregious oversteps of the law.
    Last edited by neutrino; 03-13-2010 at 12:52 AM.

wow, my attorney would eat them alive for this.

Well, my take is, depending on the reason for the "leave" ( maybe he was acting crazy at work), folks can be held for psych evals at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneC View Post
    Well, my take is, depending on the reason for the "leave" ( maybe he was acting crazy at work), folks can be held for psych evals at any time.
    Talking about storing 100 lbs of rice and beans in the basement would be "acting crazy" by a lot of people's definition. I guess this whole site should be held for evaluation?

Quote Originally Posted by alkwky View Post
    Talking about storing 100 lbs of rice and beans in the basement would be "acting crazy" by a lot of people's definition. I guess this whole site should be held for evaluation?
    +1 The current powers that be are attempting to paint all nonconformist as crazy, god help you if your a survivalist.

This society these days sounds more and more like the Soviet Union during the Cold war days. We always held them up to ridicule and we always held ourselves up above them and said, that could never happen here! well, guess what? It's happening. why? Because in both cases the government and the elites who have everything were and are afraid of the people.

There's harmless crazy and there's dangerous crazy.........we dont know the particulars of this case, so this is all speculation., mostly tin foil stuff.

There's harmless crazy and there's dangerous crazy.........we dont know the particulars of this case, so this is all speculation., mostly tin foil stuff.
    Think what you like, but I'm inclined to believe that this man did nothing wrong and made no threats. I'm sure the guy was frustrated and angry when he was put on leave but I doubt he made any threats or otherwise did anything to cause a great concern. Had he done so, I doubt he would have been released. The track record of local, state, and federal government also leads me to assume they overstepped their boundaries as well. Until I see proof otherwise, I'll continue to speculate the man did nothing wrong and the police way overreacted. That's the problem with news stories such as these, they always do seem to lack information supportive of one side or the other.

I agree that it's all speculation, I just had an issue where you said anyone acting crazy could/should be held for evaluation. You hear about people all the time having their home raided for such-and-such reason, and "assault weapons" and thousands of rounds of ammo being found, and it's portrayed in such a way that the general public would think "Wow! They needed to be arrested!" rather than "What's wrong with that? It's their 2nd amendment right to have guns and ammo."

I agree that it's all speculation, I just had an issue where you said anyone acting crazy could/should be held for evaluation. You hear about people all the time having their home raided for such-and-such reason, and "assault weapons" and thousands of rounds of ammo being found, and it's portrayed in such a way that the general public would think "Wow! They needed to be arrested!" rather than "What's wrong with that? It's their 2nd amendment right to have guns and ammo."
    Almost every State has laws that family, friends, co workers, landlords, just about anybody can have someone held and evaluated, provided they can prove the person is a danger.......this is what I see happening there, imo. Nothing more.