Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pursuing my Tech License...

Awesome - thank you, folks.

I'll check out these links!
    "Do or do not; There is no try." Yoda

The License is the last thing I would care about if SHTF especially if the govt caises it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rzoo4u2c View Post
    The License is the last thing I would care about if SHTF especially if the govt caises it!!!!!!!!!
    What are you going to do until that happens? (If it happens.) Operate illegally?

rzoo4u2c-

I would rather know what I'm doing to facilitate successful communication as opposed to apeasing the body that oversees and manages the sector.

What I've found during my studying is this: Some of the 'regulations' are not hard fast rules, they're accually agreed upon by the community and adopted as a standard. Most of them are common-sensical because of courteously or methods that improve or expedite the communications process. It seems that the FCC has done a fine job of not over regulating the sector but allowing HAMs themselves set the tone (no pun intended!)

Even if the SHTF, I would still want to have some degree of technical skill - i.e. knowing the spectrum structure and bandwidth useage and a firm understanding of the terminology (as opposed to tactical skills such as communications procedures which I feel I already possess) to better communicate with other HAMs.
    "Do or do not; There is no try." Yoda

I can agree to that.

The only way my family can "practice" emergency comms... is to actually use the radios. Before, "shtf", the only way to practice, is legally!! which means, get the license... you and your family.

really...

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicity View Post
    The only way my family can "practice" emergency comms... is to actually use the radios. Before, "shtf", the only way to practice, is legally!! which means, get the license... you and your family.

really...
    +1 Now that I am unemployed, I have lots of time to study
    I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring. -David Bowie-