Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: N. Korea Says It Is Ready to 'Blow Up' U.S. 08MAR10

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDuce View Post
    Well... I think M*A*S*H was a great show.

And you won't change my mind on that.
    Definitely one of my favorite TV shows ever.
    "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations entangling alliances with none."

mash was anti Vietnam war propaganda. with that said, I hate that show, the actors etc all
    secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity

Quote Originally Posted by mean_whitey View Post
    mash was anti Vietnam war propaganda. with that said, I hate that show, the actors etc all
    KISS Keep it simple stupid

lol, like tptb wanted to keep us out of vietnam....lol

some people man i swear.

yeah...i see no reason to interfere with Europe...it's not our fight..we already dealt with the problem in the great war...save the English and the French's bacon...why worry what that little guy is doing in Germany....they brought themselves out of the depression...got the trains running on time...No reason to spend all that money on soldiers and airplanes...just a waste..We should mind our Business...who cares who they round up and put in prison...not like it effects the US.

Stel

Those that forget history...tend to repeat it

Since I can't start a new thread in Intelligence Briefings...

N. Korea Vows 'Nuclear Strikes' in Latest Threat

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03...latest-threat/

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea's military warned South Korea and the United States on Friday of "unprecedented nuclear strikes" over a report the two countries plan to prepare for possible instability in the totalitarian country.

The North routinely issues such warnings and officials in Seoul and Washington react calmly. Diplomats in South Korea and the U.S. instead have repeatedly called on Pyongyang to return to international negotiations aimed at ending its nuclear programs.

"Those who seek to bring down the system in the (North), whether they play a main role or a passive role, will fall victim to the unprecedented nuclear strikes of the invincible army," North Korea's military said in comments carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

The North, believed to have enough weaponized plutonium for at least half a dozen atomic bombs, conducted its second atomic test last year, drawing tighter U.N. sanctions.

Experts from South Korea, the U.S. and China will meet in China next month to share information on North Korea, assess possible contingencies in the country, and consider ways to cooperate in case of an emergency situation, South Korea's Dong-a Ilbo newspaper reported earlier this month, citing unidentified sources in Seoul and Beijing. The experts will also hold follow-up meetings in Seoul in June and in Honolulu in July, it said.

The North Korean statement Friday specifically referred to the March 19 newspaper report.

A South Korea's Defense Ministry spokeswoman said she would check the report.

South Korean media have reported that Seoul has drawn up a military operations plan with the United States to cope with possible emergencies in the North. The North says the U.S. plots to topple its regime, a claim Washington has consistently denied.

Last month, the North also threatened a "powerful -- even nuclear -- attack," if the U.S. and South Korea went ahead with annual military drills. There was no military provocation from North Korea during the exercises.

China, Japan, Russia, South Korea and the U.S. have been trying to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons in six party talks. The North quit the negotiations last year.

The fate of the North's nuclear weapons has taken on added urgency since late 2008 as concerns over the health of leader Kim Jong Il have intensified.

Kim, who suffered an apparent stroke in 2008, may die within three years, South Korean media have reported. His death is thought to have the potential to trigger instability and a power struggle in the North.

Quote Originally Posted by militiaof1 View Post
    North Korea is a paper tiger all growl and no substance. They have threatened and postured for so long now it not even funny and yet still no action behind their threats.
    Don't get me wrong they would be overwhelming should they ever decide to pour across the DMZ and if they do our guys would kick some serious ass even if they are only considered a speed bump by some. The North Koreans really don't want to tangle with us again.
    Obviously it is this knowledge that keeps them in place.
    If it were not then they would have crossed the DMZ and tried their luck years ago.

It would be nice to see our troops come home from that part of the world ( without just walking out on the ROK ) , but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Couldnt have put it better myself.