Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamming GPS signals?

CF isn't all that much better conductivity wise than a tape measure but is far lighter. Getting a good connection or isolation between everything can be a problem but my friend has a machine shop and mills everything, down to 1/1000 tolerances. He could go even smaller but no need to.

This is kind of a hijack but does let people know that if just an average operator like myself and others can build units and antennas in a home shop to track a transmitter, what do you think the govt can do?
    Ignorance is curable through education. Stupidity is refusing to be educated.

Montana, have to link any of the antennas and attenuators you use (if any of them are already on the net)? I'd like to participate in my club's hunts, but I'm still looking to build an attenuator. If they are proprietary, I understand. I found a couple of plans to build, but I'm always looking.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PM
    Ignorance is curable through education. Stupidity is refusing to be educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    PM
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No sweat on the HJ - the fox hunt stuff is more interesting than my OP!! Kind of stupid premise now that I think about it - just thinking about ways to tweak the nose of the .gov types that will be wandering around the country in the next few months. I know for sure one will be rolling up my driveway, and I'm not thrilled about it. But maybe keeping a low profile is a better approach. And thanks for demonstrating the power radio geeks can bring to bear on a problem - I always knew hams were cool.