Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best place in the world to survive?

There have been settlements in the past that fished to survive and then sea weed and I guess with enough BBQ sauce penquin would taste like chicken. I am thinking about places that will not be affected by a collapse. The Amazon jungle may be another place that will never know the world ended.
    "Free Men don't need permission to own guns"

Quote Originally Posted by alasbabalon View Post
    The ultimate would be a nicely equipped sailboat (though not South Pole bound). You could stay away from the heavy sea lanes, hit a few deserted islands, etc.

New Zealand might be pretty cool, I almost seriously considered moving there at one time.
    Sailboats pretty much have acheived the self sufficiency thing. The ultimate BOV!
    "Free Men don't need permission to own guns"

Quote Originally Posted by militiaof1 View Post
    How about somewhere you are familiar with , speak the language , know the terrian , know whether or not you can drink the water.
    How about right here at home. In America.
    Best answer... a place ya know because you will be safer.

I think the south pole would work + 1 for seal hunting and the schools of cod and flounder and whaling to and you could watch the march of the penguins for real and play hockey with there egg and ride them around.How about penguin egg omelet.

I have looked at New Zealand as well. They speak english, and it is still legal to own a wide variety of firearms there. The pay range for most jobs is comparable, though the cost of living is higher. The predominant source of revenue for New Zealand is agriculture, and the country still has huge tracts of acreage for sale, if you're determined.

I don't think that the US will be the safest place to stay. Between the upsurge in BS police arrests, the drug gangs, the illegals, and the current administration, I'm really looking for viable options outside of the states. I don't think anywhere on the eastern or western seaboard will be safe. Maybe the heartlands, but they will have to protect themselves from the influx of poor and starving from mexico and the east and west coasts.

Australia might be an option... Or Canada, or Alaska...

You'd almost certainly want a large population of wildlife, small population of people, and the ability to legally possess firearms. Just my $0.02

i tell you what the absolute best place to survive is where you are prepared . because you have done the best you could with what you had and if you die then its all you could of done and there is no shame in that... if i was rich or if my x hadnt took all my dam money i would find me a place in central mississippi or alabama out in the middle of no where . and then i would buy land with no roads to it , and then build a half ass drive that could be easly hidden , you know id be like that m night shaliman movie the village ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by militiaof1 View Post
    How about somewhere you are familiar with , speak the language , know the terrain , know whether or not you can drink the water.
    How about ..............
    Panama city Panama is the final destination for me and mines if SHTF unless there is a tsunami then Panama would be another "Atlantis"

Unless you have a great deal of support coming to bring you supplies you are dead....

I don't see why living of grid is common on the country side plenty of forest to hunt, lakes river and sea to fish, farm areas. we grow and export not that many imports to speak off at least not things that would be necessary post shtf

I've spent a fair amount of time in the Amazon jungle/ river basin. I doubt most folks could survive a week there with no supplies, 30 days with. Its a very unforgiving environment
    secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity