View Poll Results: What Camo do you use/depend on?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) Desert or Woodland

15 7.81%
  • ACU (Standard American Army Combat Uniform)

27 14.06%
  • MarPat Woodland or Desert

20 10.42%
  • CadPat Woodland or desert

1 0.52%
  • American Woodland

41 21.35%
  • Other, please state

88 45.83%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: What camo do you use?

Multicam almost always ranks second in tests the Army has done. To rank first you need a specific pattern for the environment.
    Good medicine in bad places

exactly why hunters use environment specific patterns. If you can only have one set and don't know what environment you will be in then multi-cam is the best you can get.

If you need better than that then you are going to have to start attaching the environment to your body.

+1 on earth tone colors. Unless you're actually in the military or live in VERY rural areas, actually wearing camo in a SHTF situation just doesn't make much sense to me until much later in a POST-SHTF situation. For the first 6 months or so of SHTF you don't want to draw attention to yourself by wearing camo IMO.
    I'm slowly trying to replace my entire wardrobe with basic tan and greens in cargo pants and in shirts. My daily uniform is a pair of jeans and a T-shirt as it is, so it's only a slight change.
    I also have actual camo/ghillie suits for hunting / later use POST-SHTF.
    2nd Law: In a closed system, the entropy of the system will either remain constant or increase

hunting camo won't draw much attention in rural america.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    hunting camo won't draw much attention in rural america.
    This is true.

Natural Gear rocks.

Camo should match your terrain - by that I mean, if you live in the city, don't wear camouflage clothing at all, you will stand out like a sore thumb. The best urban camouflage would be to dress like a homeless person, no one even acknowledges their existence. In a more sub-urban area dress like everyone else. In rural areas, do pretty much the same as in the suburbs. If your out in the wild, there are many types which will work. I'm partial to Realtree, and a new Mossy Oak type called "Ghil-leaf", (available at Cabela's) which is a ghillie type suit that incorporates leaves and other debris to make the effect even more lifelike.
    Last edited by mtncharlie; 02-10-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    I'm an optimistic pessimist: I know things can get better - I just don't see it happening!

Quote Originally Posted by brushbuster67 View Post
    MO1 and Montana, earth tones civilian friendly clothes go with the season tan browns in the summer, green in the spring and fall.

If I am feeling hard corp I do have a Gille poncho rig i made up out of Burlap sack for bow hunting. However i have stalked and taken deer with and with out it.
    I have 3 gilli suits that i have and wear light tans, greens and off with canvas style clothes underneath. this gives me complete coverage!