Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergic to Neosporin

True- honey has been used for wounds for eons. Also, salt and cider vinegar. Many essential oils such as eucalyptus, cassia, menthol etc. are great for wounds. We really have to learn to get back to basics.
    Here are some herbs:
    Rosemary (leaf, flower) is warming, both a circulatory and liver tonic. It is a digestive aid and stimulates the liver as well as gastric juices. It will soothe a headache. Rosemary is very antiseptic and makes a good wound soak. Can be made into a tea.

Tarragon (leaf) is also anti-fungal and anesthetic.

Thyme (leaf) supports the stomach. It is also antiseptic (good as a wash for skin infections) and antispasmodic. It works well for congested lungs and shortness of breath.

Turmeric (root) is warming, analgesic and astringent.

Oregano (leaf) helps indigestion, coughs and headaches and is a good poultice for painful swelling.

Bay (leaf) is astringent, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It supports the nervous system and stomach, helps dispel gas.

Cinnamon (bark) is astringent, dispels gas, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial. It can also help relieve diarrhea.

Garlic is excellent when you are sick. It stimulates your immune response, is anti-microbial and promotes sweating.
    See- Nature has it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?” Rumi

I picked up Arnica to try. The wound finally healed on it's own but I still STILL have itching in that area. Arnica helped the one time I applied to stop the itching. I'll put the UV light on my list of wants. Even $20 is too much to pay right now.

Thanks

Really no need for the UV light- many of the essential oils that I mentioned are great for itching. Oooops- I forgot Tea Tree oil.

Arnica montana has been used medicinally for centuries Arnica preparations used topically have been demonstrated to act as an anti-inflammatory and assist normal healing processes by facilitating transport of blood and fluid accumulations. It can also be taken internally for the same reasons.

Calendula is great to keep in the cabinet too-The last time that I fell off of my bike it worked well on the abrasions. It has a long history of use as a wound-healing and skin-soothing botanical. This lovely marigoldlike flower (although called pot marigold, it is not a true marigold) is considered a vulnerary agent, a substance that promotes healing. Calendula also has anti-inflammatory and weak antimicrobial activity. It is most often used topically for lacerations, abrasions, and skin infections; less commonly, it is used internally to heal inflamed and infected mucous membranes.

See how the list goes on and on
    We depend too much on toxic, synthetic meds! Also- remember that everything that you put on your skin will get abosrbed into the bloodstream in 20 minutes! Be careful out there!
    Last edited by Lady Patriot; 12-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    “You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?” Rumi