Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cut yourself? Tribal remedy of sprinkling SUGAR on wound heals it faster

I always heard honey, organic or regular, was the way to go after it is cleaned up.

Catherine
    Adieu.

Turmeric is great antibiotic and antibacterial for treating wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post
    A word of caution. Perhaps two.

Please do not try this for intravenous use. It's not sterile. Your concentration of salt and sugar may be wrong (and deadly), and there may be very small particles in the solution that will get filtered out in the lungs possibly leading to a number of other problems.

Oral solution-fine. Your body filters out a remarkable amount of stuff when going from one end to the other. As a wound dressing, I've never heard of using sugar though I have no basis to deny it's effectiveness. Intravenous? IMHO, you're only asking for trouble.
    Hey Doc, my old man swears by dried tobacco for stopping bleeding and keeping the wound clean. What do you think?

I'm not a doctor and I've never played one on TV.

But, my grandmother would take a wad of chewing tobacco, chew it up and take it out and put it on bad cuts.

The bleeding would stop and it always healed without a problem.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_whitey View Post
    Hey Doc, my old man swears by dried tobacco for stopping bleeding and keeping the wound clean. What do you think?
    I too have heard of this. It also relieves pain to a small degree, I have heard.
    KISS Keep it simple stupid