Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel Gathering

My cable company has a channel to view every traffic camera in the area. If the power is on, one can view what is or isn't happening in the area. Something to consider.

thats why i like the country not as many looky loos

Intel is only as good as its source and age. My family is currently spread out in various locations along the east coast. I try to make it a point of visiting most of them at least yearly just to see how the areas they live in have changed over the course of time. I'v changed more then one travel route due to how the areas have built up or devolved. Keep this in mind for a bug out situation. I've been back to where I grew up as a kid , which was at that time a nice rural area, know I wouldn't live there on a bet. The town went from population 550 with farms, to a sprawling sububan, cookie cutter area of housing sub- divisions. Current population about 25, 000 and still growing. What where nice back roads , are now 4 lane divided hiways with theie attendant raffic. The only intel I trust is the intel I gather.

Wow, when I saw intell gathering I thought Spying for SHTF lol... Great thread, but two things I want to add & bear in mind I'm no Intelligence Agent. I have taken it upon myself to read some books of spies and intelligence work to help me to add to stuff. I've also picked up somethings from dealing with certain untrust worthy people...

1) Don't forget the advantage & value of human intelligence; gossip and loose lips sink ships and they also help you from getting sunk...
    2) ALWAYS back up your info, hide your info & get info from different sources about the same focus...

Knowledge may be power but its only good if you're the only one who has it...

Be wary of intel sources. Contaminated intel comes easy. Folks wanting to funnel you into a trap will be more than friendly. Nothing you hear or see in the corrupt media can be taken for fact without independent confirmation.

Your enemy will lie to you, long before you have identified all of your enemies.

Trust No One.

So I was reading this and when you guys said not to mark on maps or anything, I got to thinking I remember when I was a kid I did the whole invisible ink with Lemon Juice, and it was visible under a black light, why not mark your paths with that and carry a small black light with you, they are good for other things too, like scorpion detection, currency detection, or other useful occurrences...
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Bump to the top. Good info.

Craig

If SHTF, a good resource is your local government's Planning/Community Development Department. Ours has aerial photos from the 1920s all the way to 2009, and they are still in hardcopy form. What I find amazing is the amount that hasn't changed since the early days. Clearly the city has expanded, but some of the outlying areas are still about the same. Plus, the maps our cartographer produces have the most current Rights-Of-Way, alleys, streets, and subdivisions. That is very useful for evasion or scavenging.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. - Erasmus circa 1510

I have a Uzi periscope (5X) for daylight visual recon while behind cover. I am thinking of spending the 5K for a thermal monocular by FLIR.
    Normalcy Bias is Not your friend. Wake up and see the Brave New World.