Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First aid Numbing agent?

I use Anbesol for scrapes, poison ivy and small cuts.

Solarcaine makes a spray that is 1% topical lidocaine and very useful for sunburns and scrapes (or anything with a large surface area and doesn't go too deep)

For anything else you'll need medical friends or a prescription to get your hands on real lidocaine, which is what is used for sutures and nerve blocks.

i keep a aerosol can of dermoplaste antibacterial pain releiving spray in my butt pack. it works, and i like how easy it is to use. just spray on cut or wound. its cheap i use the red lid stuff but the wife likes the blue for whatever reason. we discovered it after she gave birth. the hospitol gave us a ton of extra supplies, including 6 cans of dermoplaste. some of those huge diaper lookin pads that i figure would make great wound coverings. there made to absorb a LOT of fluids. a box of large, and small non latex gloves. among several others. and i will admit i was eyeballing how they set up the iv's what they used and so forth. it was quite hard to fight the temptation to "borrow" some of the iv needles simply because the rest of the iv set up was just surgical tubing that you can buy online. deeper faster acting pain releivers you would have to befriend a pharmasist, or find one of those pill for everything docs.

Thank you prepers for your input. Now all I need is a Guinea Pig LOL Any one? Here piggy piggy. Now nothing too bad... OK?

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Ok, I might have something that could help you out here. I kept your concerns in mind and wondered if there were any herbal anesthetics available, which gave me a couple ideas, but to start, here is an article of the:

History of Anesthetics
    http://www.grupobibliomed.com/?p=3

As you read you'll see that I can't recommend any of the options listed in there because they're controlled substances and illegal, so I kept looking, and I came up with clove oil:

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-...clove-oil.html

The obvious problem I ran into is applying the oil to a wound, so I looked into how one might do that and came up with poultices:

http://www.moondragon.org/health/therapy/poultice.html

There are other methods available too, such as salves and compresses, with information on both at this link:

http://www.self-sufficient-life.com/...es/topical.htm

Hopefully some of this helps, let me know whether or not its effective for you.
    Excellent Post!
    I was going to recommend clove oil. (It works for tooth aches!)

My wife is studying to become a Dr. of Natural Medicine. There are several other "Essential" oils that work as ant-septics, anti-bacterials AND anti-virals.

Here's a link to our website that gives more details on essential oils.
    http://www.kingdomnaturals.com/Essen...acteristi.html

I will say this it is important NOT to use straight essential oils! A certified aroma therapist like my wife can mix up safe/effective blends for everthing from the flu to PMS. Herbs are also great all shorts of things.

I personal believe a stock med kit with these type of essential oils and herb and vitamin supplements is a good idea. They have saved my life and have kept my kids from missing a day of school for years. I am now a firm believer in the natural approach to health and medicine.

DISCLAIMER: ALWAYS seek the advice of a "medical" doctor for your particular needs.
    Last edited by tcox4freedom; 07-01-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Take a trip down south of the border...if you dare. If you have CASH, the pharmacies will sell you anything. A pilot friend of mine jokes that whenever he flies down there he gets stuck being a mule for his neighbors. He's never been searched coming back but says he's concidering Fed Ex in the future.

allergies to caine products made me think. if you have to use caine products if shtf....take lots of benadryl. should take away most of the hives and itching. gets real bad...epi pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Take a trip down south of the border...if you dare. If you have CASH, the pharmacies will sell you anything. A pilot friend of mine jokes that whenever he flies down there he gets stuck being a mule for his neighbors. He's never been searched coming back but says he's concidering Fed Ex in the future.
    interesting point

Quote Originally Posted by johnEprophet View Post
    i keep a aerosol can of dermoplaste antibacterial pain releiving spray in my butt pack. it works, and i like how easy it is to use. just spray on cut or wound. its cheap i use the red lid stuff but the wife likes the blue for whatever reason. we discovered it after she gave birth. the hospitol gave us a ton of extra supplies, including 6 cans of dermoplaste. some of those huge diaper lookin pads that i figure would make great wound coverings. there made to absorb a LOT of fluids. a box of large, and small non latex gloves. among several others. and i will admit i was eyeballing how they set up the iv's what they used and so forth. it was quite hard to fight the temptation to "borrow" some of the iv needles simply because the rest of the iv set up was just surgical tubing that you can buy online. deeper faster acting pain releivers you would have to befriend a pharmasist, or find one of those pill for everything docs.
    I too am a big fan of Dermoplast. What's the difference between the red and blue tops? I wasn't aware there were 2 different types.

liquid lidocaine use syringe just under the skin