Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good place to shoot a suspect

Default Good place to shoot a suspect

I am new to the form and this might already be on here, but here goes. After the colorado shootings I started thinking, where would you shoot someone if they were dressed in full riot gear? I mean obviously the knees are a good target, and I know face shields arn't bullet proof, but where would be the best place to shoot when you are face to face with a person like in the movie theater in colorado?
    Any advice is good. This would also be useful in shtf because some people might actually have police gear they stole.
    You don't see Psychotic coming!

I have no experience with this type of stuff, but i think that a few variables to figure out. Like what type of weapon do you have? How close? ect? A Giant what if.
    Vox Populi!

Start with a couple of shots to the chest, if all they are wearing is soft armor, that will at least hurt, if they don't do down go for the head, pretty standard transistion, chest, head.

You may very well shoot an unarmored person in the chest a couple of times and they might not go down, handguns are not magic death rays and failure to stop must be the assumption, so chest, head, armor or not.

That said, armor for the head is improving, both clear and opaque face shields that stop handgun calibers are available. (I am not encouraging you to get one, as it adds considerable weight) but be ready to encounter someone wearing one. If chest, head, doesn't work... you'll have to find the gaps yourself... as for me, I was moving towards an escape path as I was shooting them in the chest and head, so hopefully I am gone and leave it for someone with a rifle to figure out.

Thanks. I was kinda leaning towards that already. Thought there might be something else.
    Is there a company that makes something for neck protection?

Massad Ayoob recommends the following if you suspect armor:

Two or three to the body. As stated, might not stop him, but will get his attention for a moment so you can........

Fire two or three shots to the pelvic region. Easier to hit than the head (small, fast moving) and when the hips are broken, Hulk Hogan will hit the ground. Now you can shoot to the head if Mr Dirtbag has not seen the error of his ways.

Yeah, I'm sure all the guys scrunched their nuts at that last recommendation.
    "Never send a Glock to do a 1911's job."

shoot them in the right eye (it spoils there aim)
    but as to the question i think it should be 2 in the chest 2 in the head .
    shoot till the threat is taken care of and no more.
    crime dont pay as well as politics
    A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE,

My agency teaches to double tap, head and/or hip flexor area, if suspect is wearing body armor. I guess my real reaction will be to put as much lead in the person anywhere I can.
    I got Vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Thanks guys for all the good Ideas. I kinda like the groin idea. Would be a larger target and most likly put a suspect down.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly87 View Post
    Thanks. I was kinda leaning towards that already. Thought there might be something else.
    Is there a company that makes something for neck protection?
    There is protection available for just about everywhere, neck, groin, head, face, legs (which the colorado suspect was supposedly wearing according to some reports) You can get rifle plates for the forearms, sides, front, back. You can soft armor pretty much head to toe. You'll probably cook yourself trying to wear it all, or roll your own ankle... but its out there.

how bout reverse mosanbeek...2 in the left butt cheek one in the knee cap. this is an odd question. shooting under stress is alot like getting your first piece of A...your really excited and you take what you can get..and after you think of all the stuff you shoulda done..