Dandelion For Covid-19 - New Research Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dandelion For Covid-19 - New Research Paper

The humble dandelion may hold a key to keeping Covid-19 in check according to a recent research paper. Amazing the healing potential nature holds.

Dandelion extract inhibits SARS-CoV-2 in vitro

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...JEjhx6TK2Wnfy8

Apparently a biochemical agent found in ordinary dandelion leaves occupies the ACE2 receptor on cell surfaces (which is the primary entry point into cells for the virus). This prevents the SARS-CoV2 virus spike protein from attaching there, thus thwarting the ability of the virus to enter the cell.

Here's the link to the actual technical paper (full of jargon but readable to an educated layman who knows a little about bio research). The phrase "in vitro" means testing using cells in a petri dish or test tube and analyzing the results - not experimentation using actual living things like lab rats or people.

Common dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) efficiently blocks the interaction between ACE2 cell surface receptor and SARS-CoV-2 spike protein D614, mutants D614G, N501Y, K417N and E484K in vitro

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...03.19.435959v1

Chicory and pomegranate also appear to offer resistance to the virus through a similar mechanism. I haven't included quotes from the article because it would be difficult to isolate the relevant bits from the technical exposition. It's worth a read, even if you only understand half of it due to the technical parts.

If I were looking for a prophylactic (preventative) for Covid, I would go with a cup or two of dandelion green tea per day (along with zinc, C, D and quercetin) rather than to dose ivermectin on anything approaching a regular basis. I'd reserve the ivermectin for occasions when I knew or strongly suspected I'd been exposed or was showing symptoms. Just my 2 cents. Dandelion greens have been consumed by humans for most of human history (and likely before that) and if there were anything problematic about that, we'd know it by now.

Functional break-down of the proposed prophylactic regimen -
    Dandelion tea - inhibit virus entry into the cell
    Zinc - inhibit virus reproduction inside the cell
    Vit C - boost immune system capacity
    Vit D - moderate immune system response, prevent cytokine storm
    Quercetin - facilitate absorbtion through the cell wall of zinc (which normally has difficulty permeating the cell wall)

Note: I am not a Doctor, a health professional nor a researcher. Just an observant layman with a keen interest in the subject. All of the above are GRAS (generally regarded as safe) in moderation, used as directed. YMMV.
    Last edited by bruss01; 07-14-2021, 11:54 AM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Dandelion greens are delicious, I eat them every spring. They say the roots can help prevent/ possibly cure some types of cancer , but I don't know if that is true.

Comment

Y'all should know better than to promote an effective natural theraputic treatment for covid on the internet. Stand by for your door to be kicked in when they come to take you to the punishment cells.........I mean the re-education camps!

Comment

I too sometimes graze in the spring, gotta be careful of scours though.
        Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Comment

Working...
        X