No announcement yet.

Got a medical diagnosis today that I knew was coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad that test was negative Cav. I'm prayin the new Dr can pinpoint whats going on.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Comment

Prayers for answers bud.
      Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Comment

Well, my wife and I talked a lot last night, and as I was thinking back to the doc visit, one thing kept happening over and over again. I was so focused on the questions the doc asked that I did not realize what was happening. The doc never let me talk long enough to explain all of the symptoms that I’ve got. He kept asking me details which threw me off. I’m not as sharp as I used to be, especially when I’m trying to recall small minute details of things that have happened in the past that most would have just ignored.

But when you take all of those small details and put them together, they paint a VERY large picture that helps to fully explain things that are occurring.

One other detail that my wife brought up. The doc said that the brain scan was off center, and so was not a good scan. The report given by the tech who read the scan said it was a positive Parkinson’s scan. But the doc said since the scan was off center that it was invalid, but then he went and showed me the scan and how it actually showed a negative reading for Parkinson’s. Now how is it that the scan is bad and should not be trusted, but in the next breath the scan is used to show a negative result. So which is it? Is the scan bad and the data not trustworthy or is the scan correct with useable results? It can’t be both.

A different doctor in the practice shad given a diagnosis of Parkinsonism (some kind of form of Parkinson’s), the physician’s assistant stated it is all but a guaranteed Parkinson’s diagnosis, and now the main doc in the practice comes along and with only looking at the results from a supposed flawed scan says no Parkinson’s. Today I was looking for a second opinion on all of this when I stumbled upon some info on the Parkinson.org website that stated a negative brain scan DOES NOT give a definitive negative diagnosis.

So basically, it is not settled yet. It is still a distinct possibility that this is the early stages of Parkinson’s. Only time will tell.
        Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Comment

Glad you're not leavin' it all up to the "professionals" to do the research and decision making.

Comment

LOL, very appropriate !!!
            =
            Make America under God Again
            Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

Comment

Well, had a doctor appointment with a new neurologist. He did a nerve study on both legs and my back first. He agreed that yes, I do have a high pain tolerance. He said that just about every big guy that comes in and has a nerve study done on his back ends up crying like a little girl, or at the bare minimum flinching really bad with the electrical pulses. He said “..... but you, you were talking the whole time, never skipped a beat, and didn’t even flinch at all”.

The doc did a physical exam, looked at my symptoms, looked at the brain scan, and in his opinion I do have Parkinson’s disease. He said by just a visual observation, I don’t have it. But after doing a physical exam(which the previous doctor did not do) and after going over my symptoms he said yeah, I’ve got it.

Comment

prayers for you my friend
                Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Comment

Thank you Flock!

Good news and bad news keeps pouring in.

For those that didn’t see the other thread, social security has deemed that I’m not disabled anymore and so they canceled my disability. This is due to exceeding their maximum allowable amount for one month back in the summer of 2019. I tried to see if I could work a full time job to get off of disability, and it didn’t work out. So, Social Security says they overpaid for 2 years, and now they also want that full amount they overpaid to be paid back in 30 days!!! We can’t do that unless we sold everything we owe, which we would then be homeless.

The bad news is it looks like we are going to loose our house. Our financial outflow now exceeds our inflow. This could be a blessing in disguise though. Prior to moving where we are at, my wife and I had agreed that we are just going to move into an RV, and then just find some land. That way, when we find the land, we could jump on it.

Well, it looks like we are going back to that original plan, we just don’t know when. If we sell our house too soon then social security will more than likely have a field day with that. So it looks like we will try to hang on till social security makes a decision on my disability case. At that time, depending on their ruling, will determine our next move.

In the meantime, I am being forced to quit my bus driving job. I’m loosing my CDL due to the Parkinson’s diagnosis, and thus I can’t drive a school bus anymore. My place of employment has no jobs available if you don’t have a CDL.

Grrrrrr......... you try to do the right thing and you get punished for it.

Ive called 11 law firms now for guidance and none of them want to even listen to what is going on. Law firms are eager for easy original disability cases, but they don’t want to touch cessation cases with a 10’ pole.

Comment

Glad to know you're not the givin' up type.

Comment

Prayers for you Cav. May the Lord be with you and your family
                      Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
                      John 15:13

Comment

Thank you for the prayers!! My family and I surely need them right now!!

I'm not the giving up type nor am I the type that just rolls over.

Last week the rep at Social Security told me they had just received the faxed paperwork(the paperwork I dropped off at their office on June 21st is still missing) and that I needed to give them 3 weeks before calling back. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I’m not going to just sit back and let them steam roll me.

So I called back today and got someone on the line that knows what they were talking about, maybe. She informs me that two forms we submitted are not the correct forms. The ones we submitted are for those who got the initial disability claim denied, not for cessation of disability benefits. Their ineptitude is astounding. So out of the 6 forms my wife helped me to fill out, 4 of them were the wrong ones and don’t apply to this situation. So now there are 6 new forms that must be filled out. Good grief!!!

There has to be something HUGE that God has planned for me because satan (autocorrect tried to capitalize his name btw) keeps attacking me and my family. Our dryer went out today. No warning, no funny noises, it just stopped. I took the thing completely apart to test it all and the electronic control module has failed. This is a $200 part for a 12 year old dryer. Grrrrr..........
                        Last edited by 91CavGT; 07-12-2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Cav, you might consider calling your state congressperson to see if they can apply a little lube to your situation.
                          Or they might even supply you with a contact within the S.S. admin. that can assist.

Comment

Then wash your hands and use mouthwash afterwards.....

Comment

Wow Cav - I got a little behind on this thread, what a fuster cluck. Your situation will definitely be in my prayers. Hopefully the .gov will pull it's head out and put through some favorable decisions for you. Good luck sir.
                              "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Comment

I sure hope so Bruss.

On Friday I called social security to see if they got the fax that we sent on Wednesday. Well, they have no record of it coming in. The lady then tells me that the phone number they give out to everyone to fax paperwork in only works about 50% of the time. Really? So she gave me a different fax number to use. So the new paperwork was faxed off, again, this morning.

Also had to go by work today and put in my resignation. In order to drive a school bus I need to have a DOT physical done every year, and with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s/Parkinsonism, no doctor will sign off on that.

On Wednesday I’ll call back to Social Security, again, to see if they got the new paperwork, to see what the status is on the one form that was correct, and to see what they say on the supposed amount that they say I owe them.

Comment

Working...
                                X