Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Jobless and living in my truck... (with Pics)

Man I wouldn't care a bit to live like that. In fact if something don't give soon the wife and I will be on or ass in the road too. More than likely we will end up in a cabin built on the mountain by her Family since we don't have a car.
    It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to [he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any life-threatening attack made upon him with a deadly weapon Gibson v KY,34SW936

Speaking of the radio, 50% of all the radio stations I listen to have live feed on their websites...just a thought.

Is it wrong to envy you?

Is it wrong that I am jealous of you? Do you want to trade you can have my bills and headaches and I will live in your truck.

It is nice to wake up every morning with a clear concience, after living like this I could never imagine going back to the bill paying life, I did it and I hated it, I also dont own a tv... dont miss that either. I really feel liberated and actually happy without msm constantly talking doom and gloom, not to mention the subliminal mind control they use.
    I think that is hilarious you guys thinking that, of course this is the wtshtf site. Everyone else thinks its a crummy dispicable way to live. I used to care what people think, I used to watch my surroundings carefully to see if there was anyone around to see me getting in and out of my truck, but it doesnt matter here, the cops dont care and the neighbors dont care. Im like a neighborhood pet. infact I hardly ever move my truck, it usually just stays in the same space for a week or more.

I dont see why some people want conspicious military type vehicles that really screams "Im prepared come get me!!!" Im really into the whole "urban camo" thing, and because I drive something old no-one wants to break into it.

In the spring I hope to sell some things up north and buy a 4x4 toyota and put the same cap on it, also I will add a yakima skybox a rooftop cargo carrier and a hitch mounted motorcycle rack so I could put an enduro on the back, I hope the shtf doesnt happen soon because I have plans... something like this, except I would have something lighter like a yamaha yz450f with a street kit, it would weigh 250Lbs. versus 450Lbs. with what this guy has.
    Last edited by trooper dan; 01-28-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add pic

Trooper Dan..

There is a lot we can learn from how you are making this happen...

Keep us posted on your progress and your experiences!!

They should make you the treasury secretary, bet you could stretch our dollars for good. Best of luck to you Dan. If you ever come to Long Island, park in my driveway. But don't come here, then you'd be behind enemy lines.

hey you got a driveway here in sc just hit me up

seriously, things you have just happened to learn are very valuable to us here.

i have lived in the back of a truck before, but i was working and it was my choice.

i had a forty hour job in detroit and every friday afternoon would find me heading up north. i would stay in a state recreational area for 11 bucks a day, electric and water and a shower across the road. the weekends would find me up on the ausauble or manistee or maple river, the boardmann, jordon... a whole host of rivers.

it was like a vacation i got to flyfish two days a week.

this was long before all the stuff available now. i had no solar, no computer.

i had a coleman liquid fuel stove, a couple of pots and skillets, a shotgun, flyfishing gear and clothes.

wash clothes every two weeks(the dirty clothes buildup was a big problem)

i ate a lot of corn and beans and things bought from farmers stands. lot of trout. the amish or mennonite(or whatever they was) farmers always had gooood produce.

please keep posting your experiences of this lifestyle.

like i said, this is very valuable information.

thanks for posting.

Just a basic add to this thread:

http://www.wikihow.com/Live-in-Your-Car