Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How To Get That C&R

I did my request for the paper work, just waiting for it to come in the mail

Took 3 weeks to finally get the paperwork....then after sending it all in, waited and waited and called and called. Finally my check cleared, so I called to find out that now the packet was sent to ATF for processing, first goes to thier bank in Atlanta.
    Called and waited, called and waited, finally got it in the mail. First thing i did was fax copies to all suppliers (brownells, Midway, CTD, etc.) for dealer pricing. first order more than paid for license...

Quote Originally Posted by Remington 7400 View Post
    Whats the legality on ordering a rifle for someone else using your license? Not to turn a profit, just to save them some money.
    AFAIK, said scenario is not legal. A C&R license is a license for collecting, not to be in the business of transferring firearms. If the unlicensed person wants a rifle transfered from out of state, he/she must have it shipped to a 01FFL.

There is reprint of a BATFE letter that addresses something similar here: http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...rfaq/index.asp
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo

question i was thinking about this last night......is there a requirement quota or anything once you have the license? im thinking about getting one solely for the dealer discounts i could get.

Quote Originally Posted by commoguy View Post
    is there a requirement quota or anything once you have the license?
    If you mean a requirement to purchase so many, or less than so many, no there is not. You can have the license and acquire 0 or acquire 100.

If, however, they can show that you are using it as a business license la 01FFL, you can get into legal hotwater.
    "I never should have made it, but I'm still alive" "Dead End Streets", RevCo

Default FFL

Matt,

Getting your class 01 FFL is not that hard, I just received mine a few months ago. In general:

1. You have to intend to run a business and make a profit, that it is even a question they ask you on the FFL application form.
    2. You have to have a clean record.
    3. You have to be eligible to run a gun business in your local area, ref: local laws and permits - zoning etc.
    4. You have to inform local law enforcement of your intent to run a gun business.
    5. If you're good to go on all that you fill out and submit all the forms to apply, include a check for $200.00 for your first 3 years and in about 2 -3 months an agent from the BATFE will set up a time to come interview you and do final briefings etc. If you're approved you'll receive your license in the mail a few weeks after your interview.

V/R
    "Chance Favors the Prepared Mind"
    FFL Dealer

If you want an FFL without keeping formal business hours and having a storefront, to satisfy the BATF, tell them you are only gunsmithing. With an 01 license you can order any firearm, modern or curio, any and all parts.ammo, .(except 03 machine gun) ..etc. etc. etc.