Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Get That C&R

Just got my C&R in today! Mailed it off March 1 with a money order, received my license May 18. It was issued the 9th. Seems to take snail mail 1.5- 2 weeks from Texas to Atlanta.

Cool, now send it to brownells and midway and a bunch of others to qualify for dealer discounts and to be included in their mailing lists. And go and buy some damned guns!

Quote Originally Posted by welchy View Post
    Aren't you opening yourself up for the "authorities" knocking on your door when ever they feel like it any coming into your home to check out your collection, just like if you have a FFL?
    Had mine for 5 years and have never had a visit, or even a call. In most cases if they ask for a visit, you can ask them if you can bring your "bound book" to the field office and visit them instead.

Thanks for the response.

Just requested form.

Oh, wow, I didn't even think of sending it to midway. Just started reloading, hope it will save me some $$$$ sending them the C&R! Thanks!

Default My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    If you already own a firearm you are on the list.
    In PA ftf on rifles are legal. Bought all my long guns at yard sales and flea markets. All my Pistols were bought the same way when it was still legal to do so in my state. Last time I was in AZ in 2003 Pistols could be legally be bought at Flea markets with no paper work, I don't know if that changed yet . Your state my vary.

Quote Originally Posted by shot gun blues View Post
    In PA ftf on rifles are legal. Bought all my long guns at yard sales and flea markets. All my Pistols were bought the same way when it was still legal to do so in my state. Last time I was in AZ in 2003 Pistols could be legally be bought at Flea markets with no paper work, I don't know if that changed yet . Your state my vary.
    Somewhere down the line that firearm has a 4473 on it and that supplies a paper trail. the original owner or estate knows where it went and it can be traced, dont try to fool yourself by thinking otherwise. We used to do it at the crime lab all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Somewhere down the line that firearm has a 4473 on it and that supplies a paper trail. the original owner or estate knows where it went and it can be traced, dont try to fool yourself by thinking otherwise. We used to do it at the crime lab all the time.
    Wanna bet? Since they were all bought with a handshake and a see ya later It wouldn't matter if they did have a 4473 at one time as the people I bought them from never ask my name or address. So all my firearms were bought legally with no paperwork for the feds to know what I have. Also I live in an RV and have no permanent physical address just a po box in a few states. Posting in public forums they know I have firearms but they do not know what I have.

You under estimate what the treat of jailing can do to a persons memory. It's great to talk the big talk but in the end it's all just talk...