Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston, is there a problem ?

Default Houston, is there a problem ?

Has Houston / Texas/ Louisiana recovered from Harvey ? Apparently all is well since you don't hear anything on MSM since Irma entered the picture.

Chicken noodle news, keep the masses tuned in to drama,

Millions of idiots stuck on interstate highways. Do the zombies realize there are 2 lane roads , probably wide open. Guess their smartphones ain't so smart.

i would not think so.
    The news media just sucks the local stuff fast and then moves to the next.

Don't ever (once a while) see an update on any of past hot news.

Peoples' attention span is not that wide. Has to be something that grabs them and then it because old news, even if updated.

That's also why you never hear any good news.

Seems to most peoples had rather hear the morbid news than good news.

Our local news covers the updates on Harvey daily, and keeps us abreast of new news at the same time. Texas don't need no stinking MSM. They are sensationalist looking for ratings. Texas doesn't have time for that. We get down to business rebuilding.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

I've seen quite a bit of coverage of Harvey on Fox News, but as they say in the news biz, if it bleeds it leads, and right now Florida is where the excitement is. Soggy drywall and debris removal doesn't make exciting news.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

According to Fox News, Houston is still dealing with floods and other Harvey induced problems. It's gonna be months for them to look normal.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    According to Fox News, Houston is still dealing with floods and other Harvey induced problems. It's gonna be months for them to look normal.
    Yeah, last weekend one of my brothers went down to help outside of Houston. When he started coming back home, the road that he had previously taken was now flooded. So yes, there is still flooding taking place and the water has not all receeded yet.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Irma is still traveling across the country spreading cheer.....I wonder what the next unfolding drama will entail. Most likely, the idiot weather persons will find another storm, or disaster to go stand out in the middle of before the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    Irma is still traveling across the country spreading cheer.....I wonder what the next unfolding drama will entail. Most likely, the idiot weather persons will find another storm, or disaster to go stand out in the middle of before the end of the week.

I know ...I know....ckelly78z...I got tired of one idiot after another standing out in the weather...trying to look as if they had a pair hanging...pardon the crudity. I was not impressed.

Was waiting for one of them to get beaned right in the head by flying debris...and go down for the count.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

I laughed my azz off at one reporter my wife showed me in full rain gear/goggles and it was barely sprinkling. The Idiot was trying to play up the storm as in it was dangerous out at the time of the reporting! Lol

Add- Heck one female reporter was reporting while hanging onto a rail of some sort stating she could barely hold on due to the winds. And then 2 guys on bicycles rode by.... Lmfao!!
    Last edited by texasskeeter; 09-13-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

The media are like buzzards. Pick one corpse, then move on to the next. And they wonder why they are tanking.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime