Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Checkin' in from Kommifornia

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Good to know there are good people on the left coast . Our Law enforcement is seriously out-gunned too Rich. Not that they care, they spend most of their time monitoring the high school snatch. Big drug problem here too, girl I know died yesterday from meth. Husband admitted they smoked meth, cops didn't search the house, didn't drug test him, nothing. Too much paperwork for them.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Good to know there are good people on the left coast . Our Law enforcement is seriously out-gunned too Rich. Not that they care, they spend most of their time monitoring the high school snatch. Big drug problem here too, girl I know died yesterday from meth. Husband admitted they smoked meth, cops didn't search the house, didn't drug test him, nothing. Too much paperwork for them.
    Actually, it ain't so bad that we're so well armed. Not lookin' at it as though we've out-gunned the LEOs, more as we may be able to take care of ourselves.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Actually, it ain't so bad that we're so well armed. Not lookin' at it as though we've out-gunned the LEOs, more as we may be able to take care of ourselves.
    Thinking here is, you might think you have out gunned the local LEO, but they will call mutual aid, and you will be sunk in the long run. Only hope is if they have sympathy for what is right and not is what is politically correct.
    Last edited by Winni; 09-10-2017 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    How is it legal for a person from Cali to even sign in to this site? I would think that they put us up there with kiddie porn and such.

    I know that there are some good folks out there, like some cousins that ranch near Watsonville. Socialism is trying to run them off or take their land for the collective. A couple thousand acres, probably worth a little .
    Oh, I don't know, Chip. In that long, skinny boomerang shaped state on the left coast, kiddie porn would probably be considered normal, acceptable, every day activity.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Thinking here is, you might think you have out gunned the local LEO, but they will call mutual aid, and you will be sunk in the long run. Only hope is if they have sympathy for what is right and not is what is politically correct.
    Some folks here seem to've gotten the wrong idea. Most of us are of the mindset that we aren't gonna have to wait the half hour or so that it takes for a Deputy to respond. One of the guys was even kind enough to run the serial number for me on a CZ52 so I'd know if it was hot. Also told me that he isn't worried about what kind of gun I have at home to defend myself. Most of us here get along with our Sheriff and Deputies 'cause most of 'em act like Peace Officers, not LEOs. If it ever came to shootin' it out with the law, I'd guess that most of 'em would be on our side.
    YMMV

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    413

    Default

    It's refreshing to know that Kalifornia has anyone who isn't an unreasonable, tree hugging, vegan, protesting libtard....welcome.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    It's refreshing to know that Kalifornia has anyone who isn't an unreasonable, tree hugging, vegan, protesting libtard....welcome.
    It's a different state than the one in which I was raised. Grew up in North Oakland, just a few blocks from Berkeley. Saw the last of the Beat Generation and the beginning of the hippies. Wanderin' around Bezerkley in '69 when I got out of the Army was quite an experience. I may not've been the most popular guy around. I ain't been back to the Bay Area since the last century and ain't likely to go back. Vegans? Pfttt! Ain't seen any to whom I'd be attracted, not that it's matter since I married a good woman in '71 and we're still together.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Welcome Rich_Vale - Another Cali here from a little burg called Lakeside, east of San Diego, more cowboy than Texas, some would say....some people forget that as f***ed up as this state is, there are still 40% of us that are rednecks (Hint: 40% x 40 mil = 16 million people, larger than many states)
    If you're a conservative and still in Cali, that means you're stuck here for some reason like many of us. Hang in there, man, this is a good forum..!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    Welcome Rich_Vale - Another Cali here from a little burg called Lakeside, east of San Diego, more cowboy than Texas, some would say....some people forget that as f***ed up as this state is, there are still 40% of us that are rednecks (Hint: 40% x 40 mil = 16 million people, larger than many states)
    If you're a conservative and still in Cali, that means you're stuck here for some reason like many of us. Hang in there, man, this is a good forum..!
    Yeah, borrego, I'm still workin' 6 days a week at a job I like. Only get 20-25 hours most weeks, but it's enough. Gonna be 70 in a few more months and still haven't taken any SocSec money. I've tried settin' up my life so that I won't need that, but now I'm thinkin' I may go ahead and start gettin' the checks so there'll be some more money left for my wife, and maybe my daughter. I still figure that I'll live long enough to take more out of the system than I put in, and that just don't seem right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •