Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Toilet tank water isn't as bad as a mudhole in town, but it isn't as good as the faucet either. Lol

Lol... Vern
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Right in the bullseye ckelly
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

All prepping aside. My heart goes out to the folks who r trying to evacuate only to be met with gas stations already out of fuel.

The people who'll already be refugees before it even hits will get desperate. Only to bring about desperate actions.

All of these areas being affected, or are about to be, are in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Toilet tank water isn't as bad as a mudhole in town, but it isn't as good as the faucet either. Lol

Lol... Vern
    I am going to have to disagree with that.
    Reason being is that every once in a while, i do clean it out.

Besides as many times as it gets flushed during a 24 hour period is more water flows through it than the kitchen facet.
    Then if you include the hot water in the kitchen, it can set in hot water tank and pipes for a lot longer time.
    Last edited by Nicor; 09-07-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post

Lol... Vern
    I'm going to have to agree with flock6 here. If it was a life or death situation, then yes; I'd boil it and use it as drinking water. I'm mostly put off by it, because of the fact that fecal matter and bacteria is a pretty stable presence in the area. Don't **** where you eat, as the old saying goes. It's probably mostly a mental association, but I still wouldn't do it unless absolutely it was absolutely necessary lol.

I have a water filter that gets rid of deer droppings and other such fun in mountain creeks. I have no problem using it on toilet water.

Sure seems to me like i read a study where the bathroom actually has less germs/bacteria than the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
    Sure seems to me like i read a study where the bathroom actually has less germs/bacteria than the kitchen.
    That's probably true; I bet it's because people tend to clean the bathroom more than their kitchen counter tops. Like I said in my earlier post, my reservations about drinking toilet tank water is probably just a psychological thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    That's probably true; I bet it's because people tend to clean the bathroom more than their kitchen counter tops. Like I said in my earlier post, my reservations about drinking toilet tank water is probably just a psychological thing for me.
    Yes, now that i get to thinking about it, that was the whole basis of the article.

As to the folks trying to evacuate with no fuel to be had.... Why wait till the last minute? We all heard of this storm last weekend!! Had they left mon-tues there would have been fuel to buy. But also what, their cars are on empty already as well? It's 482 miles from Miami to Tallahasee which is almost out of the state. That's a tank and a half at best for most cars. The fact they didn't leave sooner is what has failed them!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!