Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 volt batteries.

Default 6 volt batteries.

I recently acquired a radio that operates on 4-1.5v D batteries. I have several rechargeable Aa and AAA batteries and a couple chargers. I couldn't find rechargeable D or chargers, so I started looking for alternatives at my local Wal-Mart . I knew that automatic deer feeders usually operate on 6 volt batteries (the big square ones), so over to the sporting goods I go. I picked up 3 of the rechargeable batteries and a 6 volt solar charger. The batteries were around $7 each and the charger less than $20. While in that section I found a raovac brand flashlight, the big square floating kind, with a battery for $3.96!

All I have to do now is make an adapter line from the spring post of the battery to the 6volt port on the radio then I'll be good to go. I was pretty excited about the flashlight find and plan on picking up a few more, as well as the rechargeable batteries and wall outlet charger.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Sounds good!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Check out Eneloop battery cases.
    You can use AA batteries in a size D casing in a pinch.
    Eneloops are rechargeable as well
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

6V batteries are awesome and long lasting. I've been known to adapt all sorts of electronics to using them.

Yuppers Eneloop is the only rechargeable batteries we use.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Now for the solar recharging set up.

I just got 2 Spartan Game Cameras that run on 6V. It has room for 12 AA batteries but some are spares, apparently. It also has a power jack option that I will use to connect to gel cell and solar panel. Buying batteries pizzes me off as bad as buying tires.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

You too? I hate buying tires and shoes
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    You too? I hate buying tires and shoes
    Yea that too. I finally showed my son how when you wear a hole in the leather sole of a boot, you go get them resoled. He had no idea. I failed as a father. When resoled, the break in period is still good, where with new you have to start over.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Yea that too. I finally showed my son how when you wear a hole in the leather sole of a boot, you go get them resoled. He had no idea. I failed as a father. When resoled, the break in period is still good, where with new you have to start over.
    I haven't seen a cobbler shop in so long I just about forgot they ever existed. There was one in my hometown, but I left there fifty-three years ago and it is no longer the same...not even close. So many things have changed, some gone...including the cobbler shop. A shame, too, because so often, when the sole wears out, the top still has lots of life left, is broken in and very comfortable. Cobbling seems to have become a thing of years gone by in most places.