Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heads Up: Hurricane Irma

Here's a live look at hurricane Irma from a Virgin Islands camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y73wfeCLee8
    Last edited by Fontaine; 09-06-2017 at 03:46 PM.

checking in from Irma wrath. Thankfully much of my town was spared from the nasty stuff. Lots of downed trees and a few homes had trees fall on them. The community has worked really well around here to take care of those that lost stuff. No one died in my AO.

We were without power and water for 3 days, and still need to boil water. Lost lots of shingles off the roof and a small bit of water damage is showing by the front door, making the flooring buckle. All and all we were very lucky. Flood waters came within 15' of my back door, and we had water and all sides. Ran thru alot of gas runny the genny to keep the freezer frozen and fridge cold. My weakest area to say by far was human waste handling. I need to work on it. Not being able to flush a toilet for fear of it coming back into the house was a real bummer. It was easy for me to do my business being a dude. The wife not so much. Something to work on. All in all we came out okay, no worse for the wear.
    Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    checking in from Irma wrath. Thankfully much of my town was spared from the nasty stuff. Lots of downed trees and a few homes had trees fall on them. The community has worked really well around here to take care of those that lost stuff. No one died in my AO.

We were without power and water for 3 days, and still need to boil water. Lost lots of shingles off the roof and a small bit of water damage is showing by the front door, making the flooring buckle. All and all we were very lucky. Flood waters came within 15' of my back door, and we had water and all sides. Ran thru alot of gas runny the genny to keep the freezer frozen and fridge cold. My weakest area to say by far was human waste handling. I need to work on it. Not being able to flush a toilet for fear of it coming back into the house was a real bummer. It was easy for me to do my business being a dude. The wife not so much. Something to work on. All in all we came out okay, no worse for the wear.
    Used one of those Luggable Loos this year on our camping trip. Worked great . Wife even liked it. You can get deodorizers to put in it but we lined it with small heavy duty garbage bags . You can get the from Sportsmans Guide or Cabelas.

Pork, it's great to hear from you, finally! I was beginning to get concerned you may have gotten trapped in that mess. THINGS can be replaced.. You can't. Welcome back to the living. Did you lose power for a while?
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Pork, it's great to hear from you, finally! I was beginning to get concerned you may have gotten trapped in that mess. THINGS can be replaced.. You can't. Welcome back to the living. Did you lose power for a while?
    Yea we were three days without power or water. Not bad considering some of Puerto Rico will be without power for 6 months. Lots of little things were learned.

The east side of a storm really is the crazy side of it.
    Vox Populi!

Pork how much fuel did you have to burn for the gennys in 3 days?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

around 30-35 gallons. I am looking into getting a different genny that is duel fuel and a 50 amp setup with a transfer switch put in.
    Vox Populi!

I bought 2 Campion dual fuel inverter 3100-3400 watt Gennies. Haven't run them yet but was curious on how much fuel a day they'd need.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Man those gennys are the way to go if you wanna do a more spot on demand type system. My little genny sips gas. Its an energizer 2000 watt inverter type. Silent, lite weight, and real good on gas. I could run it for dang near 2 weeks on what I ran the big one for 3 days. Only way to know is to put a gallon in a see how long it runs.
    Vox Populi!

I have quite a few Propane bottles stored and would rather run it on propane only for now. That way the carbs don't get gummed up and get to not feeding after sitting for some time.