Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: norks threaten emp

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Adding another dimension, look at the Bible, in Revelation, and where is America in there? We aren't (as a party to it), but the bear from the north, the kings of the east, the Persians (Iran), et al are.

Daelith is 100% spot on.

You don't need to neutralize the entire country with a single blow. One or two good strikes, well-placed, will give us more to handle domestically than we can easily fix and by that I mean it will be at the sacrifice of our position as a world power. The petrodollar would almost certainly collapse along with our global credit rating. The interest payments on outstanding loans will cripple the economy in similar fashion to the treaty of Versailles did to post WW1 Germany (think "Great Depression" with interest). It would be a really rough time for the affected areas but the unaffected areas will be economically ravaged for a decade or more. It is conceivable that disparate interests in various parts of the country would agree to go their separate ways. This has been envisioned in popular shows like Jericho and The Last Ship. Various segments of our population don't get along and there has been talk of secession even in our comparitively good times... a crisis putting additional strain on central government may add impetus to that movement.

In short I doubt North America would ever look the same again.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I can agree we will never look the same, the way it looks now is unsustainable. America has become lazy, our leaders especially. If everyone was putting in a good days work, they'd be too tired to complain about much. Work work sleep a little squeeze in a meal then work some more.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Gluttony. Greed. Lack of morals. And on and on

Pretty much the reason the Roman Empire failed.
    Add to that the fact that every fiat currency system has failed and it's not hard to see why we are where we are
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Gluttony. Greed. Lack of morals. And on and on

Pretty much the reason the Roman Empire failed.
    Add to that the fact that every fiat currency system has failed and it's not hard to see why we are where we are
    Just so I'm clear on this, Alaska, which countries in the world aren't runnin' on fiat currency?