Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making some advanced preps..to get things in position ..

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Success in replacing the ABS unit.
    This is my first experience with such an unit. None of my older vehicles had this kind of set up.

The ABS and brake warning lights have gone out.

Talking to my friend as I type this out on 3.610 LSB...on the 75 meter band. Was able to contact him last night and tonight as well. He will be coming back down here soon to take some more stuff back to Tennessee.
    Static level was a bit high tonight and I brought mjy power level up to about 200 watts instead of the radios 100 watts.

Working on more stuff to get ready tomorrow ..and will be picking up spare AA batteries and some aspirin and anti bacterial ointment.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Good job OT. I likewise had success with automotive brake work... vacuum boost unit was successfully replaced and the old girl stops like new again. It seems like this is the 2nd time it has been done because I found bailing wire holding the clevis pin in tbe linkage... good improv, never had a problem on that account but of course I replaced it with a proper retaining pin on the re-install. The old girl runs a lot better too without the undoubtedly huge vacuum leak.

Much work on our mobile BOL, the camping trailer AKA The Ritz... mostly cosmetic and minor weather-proofing. Once we get a stretch of cooler weather I will be able to tackle the larger chores on the inside... fridge enclosure, fridge re-assembly and add electric capability to the propane water heater. That will be a nice option for when we are tied to shore power. Getting a working awning installed by pros in a couple weeks, the original is damaged and impractical to fix as it is obsolete. The replacement will be an upgrade to a 21' from the existing 15... should keep more of the south side cooler during the day. Also have a full set of new marker/clearance lights to icstall replacing the old faded and cracked originals... probably a half day of work to tackle that.

My big prep for today is the wife's birthday... she knows my time is a precious commodity and I am often tied up with projects and activities when not working the 9 to 5. Today my gift to her is my agenda for the day, a blank slate waiting to be filled with spending time together however she chooses. Hope she has something fun in mind!
    Last edited by bruss01; 09-04-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Bruss. The gift of time is the most precious gift of all.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Well, the second most anyway but, Amen to that!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Well, the second most anyway but, Amen to that!
    Well, what good is dark chocolate if you don't have time to savor it?

Watching the National Hurricane Center site. Though it is still a bit early ...it looks as if this one will cross the southern end of Florida and back out into open water..and on to the Southern Gulf States. Oh..goodness...not again!!!

I do not envy those states a repeat.

And again...I am looking further down the road to the other tropical storm right behind Irma.

I've never had to replace a Vacuum assembly on my brake systems bruss01. I suppose eventually I will so do but not yet. But it is never a good thing to realize your brakes are going out when you are on the road. One of my older cars does not even have vacuum assist.

I have some work on my truck to do as well...and soon.

Having scooters reduces the urgency to work on vehicles..but not totally avoid it. What I can do ..I do rather than pay someone else to repair it for me. It is very nice not having a vehicle payment.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

IF Irma decides to keep on her westerly track and the cold front that is coming through tomorrow does nothing to stop her, you can pretty much take Houston and a lot of the Texas gulf coast cities off the map. I pray this does not happen. Last year though, there were 2 people that had visions of Houston flooding twice in a row.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Maybe we could persuade nork to land one of their bombs in front of Irma and blow her off course

Why would they do that? They've got it going exactly where they want it.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Why would they do that? They've got it going exactly where they want it.
    lol, sarcasm, my third weapon of choice.

My friend is back here to his house across the river. He is saying he will go back on or about Sunday.

Watching the track. Thinking it may rain heavily inland...he might want to stand put for a bit??

Worried about him and his wife.

Took care of a few more things around here ...and one of the last things I will be doing is lowering my telescopic mast for my long wire loop antenna. It has guy wires on it but I figure it will do better lowered down as low as I can get it. No problem raising it back up later.

Watching the weather reports.

Orangetom