Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I support LE but...

I agree but I bet she doesn't. Hospital might though. I hope so.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    The patient was a truck driver who was hit head on by a suspect they were chasing. Suspect died on impact.

Driver was in a coma, and officer may have thought DOT regs overrode state law. However, they do not. DOT regs state a driver involved in a crash with serious injury or death must submit to a drug test, even if not at fault. Several states have laws like Utah's, and DOT respects that. Bad cop, no donut.
    Last year the USSC decided that a warrant was needed for a blood draw, which is what the nurse knew and the thug with a badge should have known. When he admitted that he didn't have probable cause but had the authority anyway, he was violating the drivers 4th Amendment rights, and when he arrested the nurse, he was violating the nurses 13th amendment rights....and the 5 other cops standing around letting him do this were conspiring to violate the civil rights of the nurse and the driver, a violation of 42 USC 1983 and 1985, for a start.

That the mayor and police chief knew about this for a month and did nothing until it became public knowledge is also a violation of 42 USC 1985 (at least), and is reprehensible. Now that they got caught they apologize? Really.....

The cops involved (all of them), their entire chain of command that day, their training officers, should ALL be fired for cause. They mayor should be recalled or resign. They have all violated the public trust they are GIVEN.
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    They finally suspended him. Sad part is, WITH PAY! That's just wrong!
    More than a month later, and ONLY when the word got out.

Police (actually all public employees) should not be allowed to have unions.
    Good medicine in bad places

Or a weapon, if they're that hot headed! I know people who have been stripped of their right to own, much less carry a weapon for a whole lot less.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I hope this isn't swept under the rug like they tried.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I finally watched a video, 1) that officer needs some country justice 2) that is not the way to act while being arrested, there were plenty witnesses there, that's how you get clubbed, tazed, or shot. If you're being arrested, simply comply and work it all out later, because there are hot headed officers like that one out there.

I have to agree. Don't fight back under those circumstances. You won't come out ahead, although, making a scene got much needed attention. It's a catch 22.

I really wish those on the "other side" of the thin blue line would realize protecting these idiots doesn't do the force or LEO population any favors. If, when these obvious abuses came to light, these cases were dealt with swiftly we wouldn't have half the problems with the anti-police crowd that we do. Yes, there are times when the validity of the action is in question. But times like this, and that other detective in King County drawing his firearm with no ID and no uniform to initiate a traffic stop, are flat out not acceptable in any way shape or form. Oust them when the problem is reported instead of protecting them and restore faith. Don't wait until the story goes viral and becomes a public opinion problem.

Completely agree!

Pulled his firearm to initiate a traffic stop? How much of an idiot can you be?