Thread: just a reminder

Default just a reminder

Ok, school has started and not too far ahead is Halloween, Walmart will be dumping their pumpkins from the front of their stores. I remember last year I got them for 1.00 each , a lot of heirlooms were in the bunch I got. Pick the biggest and then get ready for the production lines.. bake, peel and run through the food processor..bag and freeze..save the seeds for the ones that look like heirlooms, just in case. I got a pink cheese pumpkin last year and a ready warty but couldn't save the seeds. This year will be different. In the south sweet potatoes are the thing,, for us northerners get the pumpkins about the same nutritional value. Will remind again next month..

Yep, last year HEB had a mix of pumpkins for .10 each after Halloween. I racked up on them too.
    I also bought a couple special pealers from Israel that is the very best at pealing pumpkins. They are made for shredding cabbage for sauerkraut. It makes pealing pumpkin effortless.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

hey camo post pics of those pealers will ya

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

The head swivels so you can peal back and forth. Nothing fancy, just extremely sharp and makes quick work of hard pumpkin skin. I can peal a 35 pound pumpkin in about 3 to 5 minutes. Just don't get your fingers in the way. It will peal those too and you won't even feel it till you see all the blood! .......IM SERIOUS! Sharp sucker! Those fancy high dollar ones you can buy don't hold a candle to this thing. I probably have them all, or at least most of them, then I heard about this one on a German site and desided to give it a try.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 09-06-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    The head swivels so you can peal back and forth. Nothing fancy, just extremely sharp and makes quick work of hard pumpkin skin. I can peal a 35 pound pumpkin in about 3 to 5 minutes. Just don't get your fingers in the way. It will peal those too and you won't even feel it till you see all the blood! .......IM SERIOUS! Sharp sucker! Those fancy high dollar ones you can buy don't hold a candle to this thing. I probably have them all, or at least most of them, then I heard about this one on a German site and desided to give it a try.
    Ah Ha! Finger guillotine! YIKES!!!!! DOUBLE YIKES!!!!

Nah, it doesn't chop it off. It just peals the skin back. I pealed about an inch of skin back before I realized it.

I was slicing some taters on the mandolin the other night. You know that little thing that comes with them to hold the things you're slicing safely? I wasn't using that little thing until I had to dig a piece of my thumb out of the taters.........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Yep, I've done that before, cutting potatoes as well, on a mandi. Sliced the outside tip of my thumb completely off. Hurt like hell!