Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 more storms heading our way! Irma prediction of cat 5

Default 3 more storms heading our way! Irma prediction of cat 5

There are three more storms heading our way. Irma is still in the Atlantic but has rapidly increased to a cat 2 and is expected to get to a cat 5. It has the potential to move into the Gulf. Another is scathing the gulf coast up from the very bottom of the Texas coastline. And there is another tropical out in the Atlantic that is growing in strength.

Stock as much as you can immediately. That includes fuel! Get ready to move quickly.

Irma's map is indicating it also has the potential to move up the East coast. This one is predicted to be bigger and worse than Harvey.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...dangerous.html

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/36250963/...h-0831-17-11am
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 08-31-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I was listening to a TruNews broadcast yesterday. They talked about 2 different people that both had visions last year of Houston being flooded, twice.

I pray this does not happen, but if it does this will be a SHTF scenario due to refineries being off line for a long period of time.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Our military needs to load up a few weather planes with ANTIFA folks, fly out to Irma and do a drop. That will destroy the storm. They love destruction. Here's their chance to do something worth while! A two fold remedy.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Makes me really glad I am not in the direct path of these monsters. Prayers, and patience to all of those who are.

What made Harvey so bad was how slow moving it was. Rockport and Port A as well as other communities just sat there getting hammered for 12 hours by hurricane strength winds. Ain't many residential structures ever built to handle that. Also he just sat there and rained.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    What made Harvey so bad was how slow moving it was. Rockport and Port A as well as other communities just sat there getting hammered for 12 hours by hurricane strength winds. Ain't many residential structures ever built to handle that. Also he just sat there and rained.
    ......except for the blue shed. That thing could probably survive a nuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Our military needs to load up a few weather planes with ANTIFA folks, fly out to Irma and do a drop. That will destroy the storm. They love destruction. Here's their chance to do something worth while! A two fold remedy.

Sounds like a great idea!

Thanks CAmouflaged,

I was not a ware of the third one of which you speak coming off the coast of Africa. I went to the National Hurricane Center site and saw it forming up..as a depression of interest.

Was mostly concerned with what Irma was doing but I believe it is a bit early yet merits watching over conditions and changes.

Will be going through my gear, supplies, and also fueling up...as well as checking my car batteries out in the garage for my HF Radios. Will also be starting on charging up all my Ham Radio Walkie talkies and spare batteries for the same. Planning a trip to the wholesale store for another forty pack of AA batteries as I have been using them up aplenty on my shortwave set which I carry in my daily BOB.

Fueling up is the very first thing on my list when I get home tonight. Prices have already gone up about 20 cents per gallon. In particular my small cans for my scooters...chain saw two cycle fuel.

Mind is ticking off the list Camouflaged. Thanks for the update on the third tropical depression of which I was not aware.

Orangetom

There is even a tropical storm south of California that is heading for Arizona. Storms seem to be everywhere.

yea I started getting ready yesterday. Topping off and maxing out gas for the genny, picked up a couple more flats of bottled water. I am always buying food so that isn't a second thought to me. Gotta try and get some ply wood cut for the windows this weekend. But since picking back up a second job not many hours in the day to get it all done.
    Vox Populi!