Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human condition /humanary stew

I ain't Skeeeerd! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

The city government in Houston told people they didn't need to evacuate. So they took that info hook line and sinker, and now they're well... sinking. I'd rather be in the cone of the hurricane than in Houston right now. I've already got some feelers out for a temp job in distaster recovery down that way. I have a friend at a big company that managed the wildlife recovery for the BP oil spill, and they pay well. Thankfully, we have good people here rescuing their fellow Texans, and the Cajun navy has deployed as well.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

The mayor of Houston late last week told the residents now to evacuate and shelter in place. The reasoning is due to the number of people that died in the mass evacuation when hurricane Rita was coming.

Really? You blame your bad decision on a lack of planning by the city, which is likely to cause even more deaths! It is sickening.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Heard an ad on the radio today when I was feeding the hogs to donate $10 to the "victims " of the hurricane. Turned on the news and saw a woman with 3 kids in a house in Houston, water up to their ankles. This bich has a cellphone, asking people for help, 2 weeks after she was warned of the coming danger, putting her kid's lives in danger, staying behind. Wanted to slap the brain-dead bich through the TV . Sorry, I got better ways to spend the little bit of money the guvment doesn't steal from me to give to idiots.

Swim you brain-dead idiot. I got no sympathy anymore.

Lots of people "rescuing" their tv's.........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I agree that for the most part "lazy" is the main problem with stupid maybe in a close second place.
    But we have all heard that a large part of the population has no savings and no emergency funds. With no money how could they leave? Where would they go until emergency shelters were set-up? I bet many had gas tanks that were close to empty and were waiting for their next check just to buy gas.
    It is easy enough for someone to tell another to evacuate but what about the money it would cost? So you drive two hundred miles away and have to eat out for all your meals and stay in a motel at a hundred bucks or more per night. And this event will last awhile. So they not only spend all that money but also have no income because they cannot work when the evacuate.
    Just sayin'.

So I guess it's not their fault huh Hiwall? Wtf! Yeah too broke to afford say 50$ in gas to get a few hundred miles away to safety? Too broke to afford even a tent/groceries and water for said trip? Or even sleep in their car. Better than riding out the storm! Yup not their fault right? But they have cell phones, flat screen tvs, cable tv all paid for right? No they ARE to blame as their priorities are F$&ked up!! And I for 1 have ZERO sympathy for them!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    So I guess it's not their fault huh Hiwall? Wtf! Yeah too broke to afford say 50$ in gas to get a few hundred miles away to safety? Too broke to afford even a tent/groceries and water for said trip? Or even sleep in their car. Better than riding out the storm! Yup not their fault right? But they have cell phones, flat screen tvs, cable tv all paid for right? No they ARE to blame as their priorities are F$&ked up!! And I for 1 have ZERO sympathy for them!!
    Right with ya, Skeeter! My heart bleeds not one single drop for these zits on the ass of society. Reckon you, bambam and me are just cold hearted, calloused, unfeeling, uncaring, mean spirited ole farts........DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Oh bull**** hiwall.
    They don't have to eat out if the put a little food away. There were shelters to get to with plenty of time. And once again people can't and won't think for them
    Selfs
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Oh bull**** hiwall.
    They don't have to eat out if the put a little food away. There were shelters to get to with plenty of time. And once again people can't and won't think for them
    Selfs
    (Heh, heh) Gonna have to add you to the list with Skeeter, bambam and me.