Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Did anyone watch our Presidents address tonight?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    I'm all in favor of killing terrorists. But we are over there training them! We give them arms that they later use against us. Most of our casualties in the last few years was from 'friendlies' that turned against us.
    When will we Ever learn to stop giving armament to others?
    OK stay over there but just run 'seek and destroy missions' and spend most of our money using killer drones. I would certainly approve those tactics.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I'm all in favor of killing terrorists. But we are over there training them! We give them arms that they later use against us. Most of our casualties in the last few years was from 'friendlies' that turned against us.
    When will we Ever learn to stop giving armament to others?
    OK stay over there but just run 'seek and destroy missions' and spend most of our money using killer drones. I would certainly approve those tactics.
    Yep. I have a friend of mine who is going to Afghanistan on Saturday to train their police. Those are the ones who have recently been turning around and killing the trainers. I pray he makes it back safely.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I'm all in favor of killing terrorists. But we are over there training them! We give them arms that they later use against us. Most of our casualties in the last few years was from 'friendlies' that turned against us.
    When will we Ever learn to stop giving armament to others?
    OK stay over there but just run 'seek and destroy missions' and spend most of our money using killer drones. I would certainly approve those tactics.
    this I agree with. And nothing wrong with 100 sortie drone missions a day.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Morgan County, Alabama
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    We should have stomped A'stan years ago. No "nation building," just take out the terrorists. I recall bumper stickers saying "Al Qaeda Delenda Est," meaning "Al Qaeda MUST be DESTROYED," as an imperative, a homage to the Romans' solution to the pain-in-the-neck Carthage.

    I'll never be president...and what I'd do to end terrorism in Afghanistan would assure I'd have been a one-term president.
    It would have been worth it; fewer American lives lost.



    But I guess I'm wierd that way................

  5. #15

    Default

    Just because we can't kill them all, doesn't mean we can't keep them somewhat contained and under control to keep the infestation under control.

    The mindset I'm reading for a few, is that we can't defeat ideology so why should we fight unless we can change that ideology. Well, think of the cockroach. We can never kill them all but, with enough control, we can keep them from taking over.

    The wars will obviously never end, but if we don't keep fighting, they will multiply like those cockroaches, spreading their disease by force until freedom no longer exists anywhere on the planet.

    Wars are a necessary evil that can't be eliminated or we ALL die!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Just because we can't kill them all, doesn't mean we can't keep them somewhat contained and under control to keep the infestation under control.

    The mindset I'm reading for a few, is that we can't defeat ideology so why should we fight unless we can change that ideology. Well, think of the cockroach. We can never kill them all but, with enough control, we can keep them from taking over.

    The wars will obviously never end, but if we don't keep fighting, they will multiply like those cockroaches, spreading their disease by force until freedom no longer exists anywhere on the planet.

    Wars are a necessary evil that can't be eliminated or we ALL die!
    I'm not saying we need to pull out completely. I'm saying we need to re-adopt the tactics that we used to have before politics got involved. i.e. attack the day lights out of these people with no mercy. Go biblical on them and make it known that we coat our bombs and bullets in pigs blood. If we can't do that then yes, we need to get out of there.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  7. #17

    Default

    We can't get out or these terrorist will flourish. That's my point. We have to be in it for the long haul or we lose and those who have already sacrificed, including their families did it in vain. Hence, a necessary evil.
    Instead of roughly 4000, we should send over 40,000 to expedite our resolve. Problem with that though is that Obama has greatly diminished our military to where we would be taxed to the max to support 2 wars simultaneously. Terrorist APHGANISTAN and NK. My opinion for what it's worth is that we need to have a massive drone military in tandem with boots on the ground and max air support along side our allied support.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...
    Posts
    9,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    I understand your sentiment, but I feel that if the soviets couldn't defeat them, then we're unlikely to succeed as well. The soviets didn't play by the rules, and weren't PC either. Even if we did kill all of the terrorists in Afghanistan, they'll always regroup in Pakistan and launch attacks from there. There simply isn't an easy fix for it IMO.
    Until we can drag these 8th century goat herders into the present we will be forever having to fight the Islamists in Afghanistan...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

    In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    We can't get out or these terrorist will flourish. That's my point. We have to be in it for the long haul or we lose and those who have already sacrificed, including their families did it in vain. Hence, a necessary evil.
    Instead of roughly 4000, we should send over 40,000 to expedite our resolve. Problem with that though is that Obama has greatly diminished our military to where we would be taxed to the max to support 2 wars simultaneously. Terrorist APHGANISTAN and NK. My opinion for what it's worth is that we need to have a massive drone military in tandem with boots on the ground and max air support along side our allied support.
    Or we pull out and let them expand. Then every time more than a 100 are in one place we just drop a couple bombs on them. 100 less in the blink of an eye.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    6,948

    Default

    This fits right in here! lol

    IMG_5688.jpg
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •