Thread: I scored!!!

Default I scored!!!

one of the things on my shtf list was a treadle sewing machine in case of an emp and we lose all the juice. While I was at my storage unit today tightening up and reboxing some things for moving the owner showed up and asked me to come over to a unit two doors down from mine.. He pointed to stuff inside and said that's whats left and I'm giving you first dibs cause I'm donating what you don't take to Domestic Violence shelters nearby.. Flat screen tv. espresso machine, treadle sewing machine and a long rectangular mirror for living room and two digital cameras. Yep I'm good! I bought tons of used zippers, buttons, thread, needles and pins before and while I worked at hobby lobby, and that's my third sewing machine now..tomorrow I take it out of my unit and see whats under the hood. Cha Ching!!!!

I've been waiting on a good machine like that. Great luck!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Nice! I guess I should be looking for one too. My wife makes clothes, blankets, and just about anything else.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Congrats. Those are hard to come by anymore. I have one portable treadle and two cabinet treadles.
    Next, you need to keep your eyes open for a spinning wheel and buy some big bags of capes you clean and card yourself. It's much cheaper than buying already cleaned and carded fleece. Learn to spin to make your own yarn for making warm clothing, socks, hats, sweaters, gloves etc... Comes in handy!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

spinning wheel, carding drum and picker and other things all on list,, my friend nearby was given 4 Suffolk sheep about a month ago all yearlings, a wether and three ewes.. hand clippers in the box ready to go,, I ran into a lady who was taking some of hers to state fair and got some good mentoring,, these sheep had not been clipped this year at all and we needed to know what to do and what not to do she said suffolks wool grows slower than other breeds so we are good to go.