Thread: Fall Gardens

Default Fall Gardens

This year my spring garden got away from me and I simply gave up on it. I've mowed most of it down, because the weeds took over faster than I could control them. I even mulched and pulled tiny weeds as they came up, but for three weeks I was out of town and we had rain several times a week.

Last year I planted green beans, cabbage and peas for fall and they done well. I will be trying more this year. Does anyone else plan on having a fall garden and what will you plant?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Got away from you? You don't have a wife to pester you! Quit slacking off Flock!! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I just picked up some tomato plants to throw in. Leaving room for some of the leafy veggies, and Epasote.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Too friggin hot out right now to plant fall crops. We are having triple digit heat and high humidity.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Why I planted my little gardenette on monday, I think. I'm also trying the cut them back thing with my tomatoes from spring. I basically whacked them back, some to just stems, and some with the lowest branches and leaves intact, to see if they will come back for fall.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I'm holding off til the nd of August before I plant my fall garden. We usually have nice long Fall weather without freeze. I have several greenhouses just incase though.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Has anybody tried cutting back the spring tomato plants to fill out again in fall?

no, but I have taken cuttings from plants and replanted them with success.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.