Thread: Video of fatal ride malfunction at Ohio State Fair

Default Video of fatal ride malfunction at Ohio State Fair

I was never much of a theme park fan; I'll probably never go on rides again after seeing this video. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased victim and for everyone who's injured.

Geeeesh! My condolences to the family of the dead and best wishes to the survivors! That curdled my blood!
    I think it will be a very long time before I go on such a fair ride..............

Good lord!

Despite a fondness for such rides in my youth, in recent years too much knowledge of things like "stress fractures" and "metal fatigue" have cooled my affections for thrill rides. This horrific accident exemplifies my worst nightmare involving such things.

Still no word on what actually caused the accident. The ride allegedly passed inspection and was cleared the morning of the tragedy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0f67d82070a6
    Last edited by bruss01; 07-27-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I used to frequent those sort of rides when my kids were young. Now, I get a form of vertigo from spinning/whipping around. Hell, I can't even swing on a swingset anymore without getting dizzy....merry-go-rounds ? forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    I was never much of a theme park fan; I'll probably never go on rides again after seeing this video. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased victim and for everyone who's injured.
    Happened not far from the house... few miles away at the fairgrounds. From what the locals were saying it was complete chaos. Kids and families in line and nearby, by and large, freaked out. The person running the ride hit the emergency stop right away and all of the other riders took on a herd mentality and began screaming for the chest bars to be unlocked. They couldn't get out of those seats fast enough. Kasich shut down all rides immediately and they haven't moved since. ODNR is now looking at all pins and bolts for fractures and potential sheering. My understanding is that because it was opening day for the State Fair (Weds), the place was crawling with Police, Fire, and EMS. First responders were there within a min or two. The last guy in the video went about 50 ft. He was the one that was killed. The others have been placed in various hospitals and almost all are still in critical condition.
    Hannibal ad portas

Our local high school band members were there, and heard the crash, saw the commotion. Luckily no one was in line, or near the mess.

people die at fairs, this happens all the time. a bunch of drunk carnies throw this stuff up. no way. indy had a stage callapse and kill like 10 people a few years ago.. it is horrible it happened and my prayers are with the families.

sorry, just my dark sence of humor thought of this instantly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdu4tUbWaXw
    Last edited by driftz240; 07-31-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Hahahaha
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge