Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Animal rights activists harass fishermen at public park

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    6,943

    Default

    Good point Lmao!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    414

    Default

    I think I would have told them up front, that the fish was going to die, and end up in my belly later, with perhaps a side of rice and beans, washed down by a few beers......and continued fishing. If they ended up touching me, or my stuff, I would have felt threatened for my life and may have drawn on him.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    I think I would have told them up front, that the fish was going to die, and end up in my belly later, with perhaps a side of rice and beans, washed down by a few beers......and continued fishing. If they ended up touching me, or my stuff, I would have felt threatened for my life and may have drawn on him.
    As much as I hate those people, and aggravated I may have been with them; I don't think I'd draw a gun on them over a fish. Now if they started using physical violence on me, that's another story. I think the correct thing to do is to call the police almost immediately. I read that the police did respond, but that no one was arrested because the responding officer didn't witness anything illegal at the time that he got there. Hopefully this video will be reviewed by the police/fish and wildlife, and that charges will follow soon.

    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...atuteYear=2006

    372.705 Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers.--

    (1) A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:

    (a) Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.

    (b) Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.

    (2) Any person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 372.83.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    I like how they brought up the garden of eden, and said that "God gave them vegtables, and didn't offer any kind of meat or animal as food for Adam and Eve." It was something to that effect. I find that pretty funny, because I seem to remember a part in the bible about how Jesus fed a thousand people with one FISH. lol
    If they want to quote the Bible, they should have read a bit further...Gen, Ch 9, verses 1-6...verse 3 specifically. It was when Noah and his family came off the ark. You can read it for yourself if you wish, but verse 3 says; "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat (food) for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things". Problem with these idiots is they only use what portions "supports" their view. Anything that contradicts them is tossed aside as "untruth". In north Carolina they can go to jail for this. Further, if one of them slapped anyone in the party who was fishing, that constitutes battery...for which they can also go to jail.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Those idiots wouldn't last 3 frickin seconds in West Virginia. We'd use them for bait. Or fertilizer.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    As much as I hate those people, and aggravated I may have been with them; I don't think I'd draw a gun on them over a fish. Now if they started using physical violence on me, that's another story. I think the correct thing to do is to call the police almost immediately. I read that the police did respond, but that no one was arrested because the responding officer didn't witness anything illegal at the time that he got there. Hopefully this video will be reviewed by the police/fish and wildlife, and that charges will follow soon.

    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...atuteYear=2006

    372.705 Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers.--

    (1) A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:

    (a) Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.

    (b) Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.

    (2) Any person who violates this section commits a Level Two violation under s. 372.83.
    Should have read a little further before I responded. Yeah, this is the way it is pretty much anywhere. What those folks should have done was to tell the officer they wanted to make a formal complaint...written statements, etc. If he/she refused to take their statements and complaint, then he/she could be in some hot water if it was reported to the Chief. An officer doesn't have to "witness" a violation for an investigation to be warranted and conducted. And you're right...don't get into a physical confrontation with these idiots. They've probably got someone standing on the side with a camera and recorder to record YOUR actions and try to make it look and sound like you initiated the violence. They're idiots but they aren't stupid. They plan these things ahead of time.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    They are brainwashed Ignorant Morons!! Not to mention being a Vegan means you have a mental disorder!! Lol
    Hey, Skeeter, you know what vegan/vegetarian means don't you? Its an old Indian word that translates to "lousy hunter".

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lake LBJ, Texas
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I think about a 7' MH across the face in an unfortunate fishing accident may be in order. But remember all, that they are not eating our food.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.


    I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

  9. #19

    Default

    I wouldn't put up with this Shlt! No way!
    That cop was wrong too. He doesn't have to Witness a damn thing. That would mean he would also have to witness a murder to arrest someone. Bull Shlt!
    These people DO NOT have the right to harass people, PERIOD!
    I'm afraid I would have lost it and flip that MFer over the rail.

    That fish belonged to the man who caught it. He paid for it by buying a license to fish. That is theft and harassment, public property or not.
    These assholes get away with way too much!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    I like how they brought up the garden of eden, and said that "God gave them vegtables, and didn't offer any kind of meat or animal as food for Adam and Eve." It was something to that effect. I find that pretty funny, because I seem to remember a part in the bible about how Jesus fed a thousand people with one FISH. lol

    Yeah..but this is not the Garden of Eden...and they are not Adam and Eve....they are Fallen Men..who are bothering other Fallen Men....and taking their food.

    Even in the Wild Animal Kingdom ..animals do not appreciate others moving in on their food supply. Bad things happen to those who are not part of the group and mess with someone else's food supply.
    Animals even stake out hunting and or food territories and don't appreciate other animals moving in on their territory.

    Animals have been known to tag team trespassers.


    Thanks,
    Orangetom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •