Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mattresses

I was recently "short" a bed......... my new mattress set set me back a grand........but it beat the cot I was sleeping on.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I refuse to pay those obscene numbers like $5k for a friggin mattress. The tempurpedic was about half that and I nearly sheet when the bill came in, and once again after maybe a year, they are crap. Now, rest and comfort are important to me, but it seems you can spend a few hundred or a few thousand, and get about the same lifespan.

Waterbed story. I don't remember if we were married or not yet, but she is sitting in bed hand stitching something or other for me. Finishes with needle and thread like she had probably done her whole life and promptly stuck the needle into the mattress. Shortly there, a water spot starts showing, and growing. Had to shut down, strip back the sheets and slap a patch on it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

My mattress is Amish made, 18" thick without springs and with 3 inches of memory foam, not sure what is taking the place of the springs but it's pretty firm. I bought the set from my locally owned furniture store, no telling what it would have cost somewhere else. Never had a problem with mattresses losing shape.......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.