Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mattresses

Default Mattresses

Is this the most rigged market ever? I'm shopping for the next replacement mattress now and don't have a clue. The last few, and I'm talking third replacement set in about 6 years, have felt awesome in the store and even for a while, and then start cratering. I don't like feeling worse when I get up than I did when I laid down. Numbers gig sucked, tempurpedic sucked, and I don't even know what I got last, but I'm running out of spare bedrooms to put gently experienced mattresses.

I think next one we are splitting the box spring with two XL Twins and I'm getting the equivalent of something like plywood with a 2" foam pad on top, and I don't care what wife gets.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Is this the most rigged market ever? I'm shopping for the next replacement mattress now and don't have a clue. The last few, and I'm talking third replacement set in about 6 years, have felt awesome in the store and even for a while, and then start cratering. I don't like feeling worse when I get up than I did when I laid down. Numbers gig sucked, tempurpedic sucked, and I don't even know what I got last, but I'm running out of spare bedrooms to put gently experienced mattresses.

I think next one we are splitting the box spring with two XL Twins and I'm getting the equivalent of something like plywood with a 2" foam pad on top, and I don't care what wife gets.
    Maybe a few too many hungr busters? Lol
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Lol. But to be honest I can't believe they want a bazillion dollars for these new high tech foam mattresses!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Well I quit smoking by switching first to Jolly Ranchers which added about 30 pounds, but I'm at about 215 now. May be
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

If I am tired enough, I'll sleep almost anwhere and have before. A couple of years ago we got a sleep number bed. My wife absolutely loves it but I can't say one way or another. On multiple occasions I have forgotten to lower the air pressure down on my side and I slept just fine. We bought a $400 Seally mattress a year ago for our guest bedroom and to me it is just as comfortable as the expensive sleep number bed.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

sex on the sofa or kitchen table extends the life of even a cheap mattress.

Kingchip, I work at the Serta plant in Lockhart. You absolutely right it is racket. TGM
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Ben Franklin

Leave it to bambam to take use there
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Have you tried a chambered water bed? Mmmmmmmmmmm!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

My wife and I have slept on a Cali King sized, full motion, waterbed that we picked up used at a garage sale for 40 years now. I have had to replace the heater once, and the mattress twice, and obviously, several sets of sheets and pillows. I would venture a guess that we have far less than $1000 for 40 years of warm comfort....Oh, BTW, it's fully adjustable by how mauch water is in it.

It still looks new, and feels the same as the day we got it. I see so many of my friends, and family spending thousands evrey few years on the latest mattress sensation for no apparaent reason ??
    Last edited by ckelly78z; 07-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.