Thread: APRN American Preppers Radio Net ?

Default APRN American Preppers Radio Net ?

APRN American Preppers Radio Net

Has not been updated since 2010.
    States moving to new web server and links another domain that is inactive.

The supposed new domain link is taprn.net, with i take to mean Texas American Preppers Network.
    They might have ment taprn.com, that domain was active at one time and now for sale.

Anyone use to associate with the blog and the radio net?

Update : I did find info here from 2009.
    WhenSHTF-com-radio-net

There is a post in there about making regional nets, i wonder if that taprn.net/com was suppose to be the start of a Texas net for preppers.
    Last edited by Nicor; 07-11-2017 at 06:41 PM.

googling taprn comes up with https://amrron.com/nets-regional-nat...-regional-net/

it's "the American preparedness radio network"

Quote Originally Posted by austinrob View Post
    googling taprn comes up with https://amrron.com/nets-regional-nat...-regional-net/
    it's "the American preparedness radio network"
    Yes, but the domain name of taprn.net is not taken. That tarpn.net is the one redirected to as the new aprn and i assume with taprn.net was meant to be a local texas net.
    the domain name of taprn.com is up for sale.

emailed one the admins of the original site and he states the two people that were admin of the original APRN ran out free time to keep it going and another person took over it.
    This person now has not done anything with it as the original site states they moving to a different server, but the domain domain it uses was never bought (taprn.net).

One of the original admins of APRN was very informative as to what had happened to the site.
    Mostly not enough free time to keep the site updated and run the net.
    They moved from 160m (seasonal) to 80m to get more coverage during the year.
    He stated they found out 80m was just too crowded to really work with as a net.

Asked him about ones coming on and calling them crazy.
    He said there very few and they would just ignore the naysayers.

I don't have enough experience to run a net.
    the domain of taprn.net would be a good start for a local texas prepper net or even buy the original "APRN American Preppers Radio Net"

This one you mentioned "the American preparedness radio network" seems like it might have been 'taprn.com'. That domain name is the one for sale at +200$.