Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog food, freeze dried.

Default Dog food, freeze dried.

So as we all know, prepping is a living entity. Always changing, always evolving. For last year or so it's been buggin in where I have concentrated. Now with recent current events, I'm back to concentrating on being a refugee. I have 2 doglets. 1 a senior at 10, and the midget is 6. So was at the local PetPimp or Petco, what ever and I came across dehydrated dog food.

So I do have some small preps for the nerd dogs but as discussed here in the past I only have so much food stashed/ready to take as it most definitely has a shelf life.

So sorry if I'm behind the times but do any of y'all have freeze dried dog food in any of your preps?
    Any of you used/fed this to your canine critter and if so what were the results?

Thanks
    C
    P
    H
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Absolutely! I started freeze drying Barneys food last year. He gets home grown veggies and beef or chicken or both mixed with veggies. No by-products. He loves it and I've been able to maintain his weight. To me it's better than dinovite, which I've tried. The homemade freeze dried has the same shelf live as people food and... YOU could eat it yourself. It's all fresh and clean right out of my gardens and the butcher shop. It's a lot cheaper than buying it, that's for sure, and much better for him.
    As for my cat, Taz, he loves his Tuna treats. His main diet is chicken and on occasion, he gets pork and beef.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

When the time comes for Shtf..... we're gonna feed Pickles dead Libtards! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Ok so can you go a little more in depth?
    Actual recipes/ingredients list.

I'm not s good dog dad. As in it's or the most part run of the mill cheap bargain dog food. About year and a half ago I switched to eukanuba which helped. But have never really had a problem. But after doing some reading I could provide a lot better. Raw vs grain free, vs no chicken vs on and on

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Ok.... Bacon wrapped Libtard, BBQ Libtard, Lemon peppered Libtard. And my dogs most favorite, Libtard topped with butter and smothered in mushrooms! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Our fur baby has only gotten Blue since she was weened. Now she is 3 and that is still all that she has had. We typically keep a months worth of food on hand for her, but here lately my toddler has been sneaking her table food. The 2 of them have a close bond. After a month what will I do? To be honest I'm not sure. She does have a knack at catching wildlife so that might help.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Who are you asking. If its me, ill post some for you tomorrow. We are at our gig tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Actual recipes/ingredients list.

I'm not s good dog dad. As in it's or the most part run of the mill cheap bargain dog food. About year and a half ago I switched to eukanuba which helped. But have never really had a problem. But after doing some reading I could provide a lot better. Raw vs grain free, vs no chicken vs on and on
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Well.... he's still waiting. Lol

Lmao

Hey BBQ boy. I think you should make and sell your own bbq sauce

Call it "Skeeter Sauce"