Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: More reasons to prepare

I made it to the camp a few minutes ago. Their morning service is just wrapping up so I got here at a good time. Both vans need gas. It's sure hot once you get south of I-10
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

The weather in Central Texas was awesome this morning around 11am. I filled up three vehicles and (4) 5 gallon gas cans. Called the fuel Co. to come fill up the 250 gal reserve tank. Gas is 1.85 to 1.87 a gal.

This evening I need to go pick about 30 of the watermelons from the garden. Everything else is about spent in the gardens except tomatoes, okra and melons.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I ended up being on the road for 14 hours today. Drove down, picked up the kids, brought them back, then turned around and drove down to San Antonio. I'm exhausted but have a full tank of fuel and a 600 mile range so all is good.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    You know what I think? I think when it comes down to the wire, The US and Russia will join forces to eliminate NK. I THINK Putin is sly like Trump and playing NK.
    That is what I think this meeting between Putin and Trump is going to be about.
    If my theory is correct, The US and Russia will once again be the only Super Powers. Right now, and after Obama allowed all this equality in powers, it screwed up the balance we once had. I think the objective is to turn back the clocks. This I believe will prevent a global war.
    I think this is pretty accurate.
    I asked somebody the other day that with the Cold War long gone and the world very different why is it necessary to remain enemy's with Russia?

Their head almost exploded after it changed many shades of red.
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

That's a lot of driving in one day Cav. You gotta be tired!

I've spent the last couple of days, mostly in the morning hours when it's cooler, clearing out some yupon on a fence line to give me better visual from the house into the back pasture. Still plenty of cover but this mass of yupon needed to be taken out since it feeds to a trail. I like too keep that trail pretty dense with mixed in thorny vines on either side to force a funneled straight line of sight.
    I still have another area I need to do the same thing with. The dense sides are not passable. Several years ago, before the yupon took hold, I randomly sprung out several partially used rolls of barbed wire. The yupon and thorny vines has since grown in and around the barbed wire making it perfect protection, forcing intruders to enter down a narrow trail. Clean shot!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

They won't look at the big picture.
    The world stage can't have so many chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I think this is pretty accurate.
    I asked somebody the other day that with the Cold War long gone and the world very different why is it necessary to remain enemy's with Russia?

Their head almost exploded after it changed many shades of red.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

China is more likely to guard their response with their copy cat battle ships and planes if both US and Russia take care of NK. NK can just as easily aim their missiles at Moscow too. I think if US went in alone, it would be China's chance to step into a wounded US's position in the world. China would most likely take Taiwan, completely own the SCS, etc, as we were busy dealing with NK. Just my feeling.

Some people think as a major prod to get China to stop doing business with North Korea, Japan should be armed with nukes. Japan and China are not friends and a nuclear armed Japan is the last thing that China would want to happen.
    While I can see the reasoning for this arming of Japan it also has almost countless drawbacks. The first of which is the Japanese 'constitution' only allows for defense and not offense. That would have to change for them to get nukes.
    With the USA, China, and Russia, the countries are far enough apart that if ICBM's are launched the other country can see that and have enough time to launch their own nukes. Thus the Mutually Assured Destruction scenario. Japan, China, North Korea, and South Korea are in very close proximity and there would be no warning time. Some say that would lead to the desire to do pre-emptive strikes.
    And do we really want more countries to have nukes? That is the whole issue with North Korea. The USA says no nukes for them but they are OK for other countries.